This stone-built, semi-detached, Grade II listed cottage is situated on the former Thorington Hall Estate in High Street near Thorington, conveniently located for exploring the Suffolk Heritage Coast between Aldeburgh and Southwold.
Sympathetically-restored with exposed beams, cottage stairs and gothic-style windows, this cottage is brimming with character.
It offers fabulous accommodation, ideal for families and small groups of friends wishing to explore the popular Suffolk Heritage Coast.
There are two delightful bedrooms, one of which offers en-suite facilities.
There is a cosy living area featuring a well-equipped kitchen, a dining area where you can plan the day’s adventures over breakfast, and a sitting area.
Boasting a warming woodburning stove, this space is perfect for escaping the cold on those cooler winter evenings.
Outside, the kids and dog will love playing in the large, enclosed lawned garden, while you soak up the sun with a good book and enjoy alfresco dining on warm summer evenings.
With a network of country lanes and walking trails nearby, this offers the perfect base for walkers and cyclists of all abilities looking to uncover the beauty of the Suffolk Coastline.
An easy drive away, the delightful town of Halesworth is home to a selection of independent shops, restaurants, and friendly pubs.
Practice your swing on the nearby golf course set over 50 acres at High Lodge Leisure, and peruse the selection of antique dealerships in the nearby village of Yoxford.
Venture to the RSPB North Warren reserve at Aldeburgh, with the chance to see a wonderful selection of birdlife, butterflies and wild flowers.
RSPB Minsmere is just five miles away, with its fascinating flora and fauna offering a wonderful atmosphere for memorable walks.
Dunwith Heath is also a short drive towards the coast, a wild but tranquil reserve, housing its own vast selection wildlife.
This cottage is full of character, well-placed for exploring Suffolk and its beautiful coastline, all year round.
Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x triple bunks (double on bottom, single on top) with en-suite corner bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Front lawned garden
- Enclosed rear lawned garden with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 mins walk, pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Limited head room on top bunk and in shower
- Note: Cottage is to side of A12, some road noise may be heard
- Note: Bathroom only accessed via triple bunks room
- Note: Due to the traditional cottage stairs which are narrow and steep, the property isn’t suitable for people with limited mobility
- Note: Max 4 adults as single top bunk unsuitable for adults
- Note: No stag/hen or similar.