A very special property, this is a unique opportunity to enjoy a fully restored, wonderful 18th century inn with a Victorian addition, set in its own grounds with a luxurious 6-seater hot tub and surrounded by the renowned 6-acre Abbey Dore Court Gardens.
Set in the rural village of Abbey Dore, 12 miles from Hereford, at the southern end of the beautiful Golden Valley in Herefordshire, this spacious property simply oozes Victorian splendour, from the grandeur of the imposing entrance hall, to the magnificent drawing room (formerly the ballroom) with fireplace and intricate architraving, to the grand dining room and the welcoming morning room, most with an open fire or woodburner.
The kitchen boasts an AGA and an electric cooker with ceramic hob, there is a dedicated room for the young (or young at heart) with beanbags, television and computer console, while the bedrooms are all spacious and comfortable.
Most rooms in the house offer lovely views over the gardens and river, which runs through the grounds alongside the house.
Having featured on Channel 4’s Country House Rescue, the property is perfect for large families or groups of friends – imagine spending time dining in this impressive country house, before retiring to one of the many grand rooms to settle down for the evening together.
Surrounded by lovely scenic countryside, the property is ideal for walking and cycling, especially in the nearby Brecon Beacons National Park and the Black Mountains.
For an easier pace, simply explore the delightful surrounding villages, with their excellent pubs, restaurants, churches and antique shops.
This is a rare chance for an unforgettable holiday in a wonderfully impressive property, in a lovely location in the beautiful Herefordshire countryside.
Nine bedrooms: All zip/link beds can be made up as either king-size doubles or twin beds by prior arrangement. 1 x grand family room with 1 super king-size double and 2 sofa beds with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC, 3 x king-size double (zip/link) (one with en-suite bath, shower, basin and WC, two with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 1 x super king-size double (zip/link) with basin, 1 x super king-size double, 1 x double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double with basin,1 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with AGA and original shelving features. 2 x Utility. Large dining room with open fire. Morning room with TV and woodburner. Children’s room with bean bags, TV, DVD and Nintendo Wii. Magnificent, spacious drawing room with dance floor, baby grand piano, woodburner and doors to side lawn.
- Oil central heating with two woodburners and open fire
- Four oven AGA, electric cooker with ceramic hob, microwave, 2 x fridges, freezer, American-styles fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, 2 x dishwasher, TVs with Sky, DVDs, Wii, WiFi, telephone
- Piano & table tennis table
- Fuel, power and starter packs for fire and woodburners inc. in rent, extra fuel available to purchase locally
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair available
- Off road parking for 7 cars
- Covered bike storage
- Large, fully enclosed and secure lawned garden with spacious gravelled sitting area, 6-seater hot tub, furniture and BBQ
- Access to Abbey Dore Court Gardens (when open to the public between April and end of September, by arrangement)
- Three dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2.5 miles, pub 15 mins walk
- Note: A fenced river runs through the grounds of the property approximately 20 yards from the house, children should be supervised at all times
- Note: 4pm check-in.