In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Argus Cottage at Pendeen Lighthouse.
Argus is one of two holiday cottages available at the lighthouse and has a dramatic location on a granite headland on the North Cornwall Coast within a Site of Special Scientific Interest and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The South West Coast path passes round the headland, passing through part of Cornwall’s oldest mining areas. The lighthouse lies six miles north of Land’s End and two miles from St Just. The lighthouse was established in 1900, electrified in 1926 and automated in 1994.
You may be lucky enough to spot seals on the rocks below the lighthouse headland, as well as a variety of seabirds. With banks of seasonal pink thrift and golden gorse, the headland is a perfect location to watch the sun setting over the Atlantic.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps three guests.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Large walled patio to rear of the property.
- Onsite parking. Additional visitor parking is 100 yards away in a public carpark which is off site.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Stunning, panoramic views with an abundance of wildlife.
- Electric effect woodburner, gas hob and electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV and DVD player.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Also, on this site is Solebay Cottage, sleeping four guests.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Sandy beaches at Whitesand Bay and Gwynver are close by.
- Visit the world famous Lands End.
- Enjoy a trip to the historic St Michael’s Mount.
- For a great family day out visit the Tate St Ives.
- There are an abundance of small seaside towns with a wealth of teashops, cafes, independent shops and restaurants.