Blagdon Lower Barn details
The barn is located two miles from the Dorset villages of Martinstown and Portesham, four miles from Abbotsbury and six miles from the expanse of Chesil Beach.
Blagdon Lower Barn is totally secluded and is accessed via a 400m long drive from the road. An ideal location for an outdoor break in the Dorset countryside with a network of footpaths and bridleways, running from the farm, leading to a multitude of walks and expansive views of the coast – the Monument Weymouth, Portland and almost all of Chesil Beach can be seen, a view of some 25 miles.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and one family bathroom.
- Wood-burning stove.
- Large garden with south facing patio.
- Ample onsite parking.
- Two well-behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- A kennel is provided outside so dogs can dry off from the muddy walks.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Stunning, secluded location.
- Deer and hares can be seen grazing in the garden and surrounding fields.
- Granite work surfaces.
- Underfloor Geo-thermal heating.
- Two integrated electric ovens, microwave, American style fridge/freezer with integrated ice maker, dishwasher.
- TV/DVD in all rooms.
- Travel cot, highchair and two stairgates are available on request.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Martinstown has a local village pub, The Brewer’s Arms.
- There are a number of historic houses, gardens and golf courses nearby
- Some lovely beaches are within easy reach.
- Dorchester is in close proximity (four miles) and has two railway stations and a range of shops, cafes, restaurants and supermarkets (including Waitrose) plus a sports centre.