Buckland Wood Barn details
Buckland Wood Barn is a detached Cotswold stone barn, situated at the end of a quarter-mile long hard-surface drive. The Barn is in the grounds of the 16th century gamekeeper’s cottage which has some 50 acres including a private wood and stream. It has a lovely, secluded garden where you can sit out and enjoy the peace and quiet.
The barn is situated on a hillside a mile above Broadway, the setting has breath-taking views across the valley (designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty) up to Broadway Tower. This picturesque town is often referred to as the “show village of England” due to its beautiful honey coloured limestone buildings some of which date back to the 16th century. Visit the excellent butchers or the Broadway Deli to stock up on all the lovely, local produce that is beautifully presented inside and outside of the shop.
Right from your front door there are some fantastic walks, including the 100 mile Cotswold Way running all the way from Chipping Campden to Bath. Or for something different, wander through the lavender field at Snowshill, where they harvest 35 varieties of lavender. You can also admire Snowshill Manor or take a stroll down to the pub which is only a mile away.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, en-suite shower room & en-suite bathroom.
- Sorry, no pets or babies.
- Children over 14 years old are welcome.
- The accommodation is on the ground and first floors.
- Ample parking.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Exposed beams and flagstone floors.
- Access via french doors to a large private gravel patio and gardens with unhindered views.
- A very private property set in 50 acres of grounds including a private wood and stream.
- Todenham Manor Farm can deliver a box of fresh meat to your cottage for your stay.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Sky TV, video, DVD.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Enjoy a day at Sezincote House & Gardens, close to Moreton-in-Marsh.
- A great day out for the whole family: Adam Henson’s Cotswold Farm Park.
- Batsford Arboretum and Garden Centre Batsford Park, Moreton-in-Marsh.
- Close by is the historic Sudeley Castle & Gardens, Winchcombe.
- Visit Snowshill Manor & Garden Snowshill, Near Broadway.
- Explore the ruins of Chedworth Roman Villa, Yanworth, near Cheltenham.
- Cycle Hire www.tycycles.co.uk.