Hawkshead 4 miles. Located on a beautiful, 5000-acre private country estate of diverse lake, forest, woodland and meadow landscapes, this charming courtyard of Victorian farm buildings, dating from 1890, sits in a superb central setting for a Lake District getaway to remember. Each of these delightful Lake District cottages has been thoughtfully refurbished and retain much original character, well balanced with modern furnishings and set just one mile from the shores of Lake Windermere. Each has been finished to a high standard, with most offering cosy open fires or woodburners to snuggle beside after a busy day. There’s a variety of holiday accommodation available, from cosy, romantic retreats to larger family-friendly properties. Many of these Lake District cottages share a pleasant patio garden and there are some wonderful on-site facilities to take advantage of, which include a fantastic indoor heated swimming pool, a fitness suite, table tennis room and a children’s play area. This magical estate offers an escape to another world with a 2.5-acre lake, just a 10-minute walk from the courtyard, which is well stocked with rainbow trout and boasts a serene setting for hazy afternoons spent fly fishing. During the spring and summer months, guests can roam Graythwaite Hall’s pretty gardens, which are open to the public, while all year round, the estate’s grounds provide a wonderland for all ages and offer plenty of places to stop for a picnic or enjoy a quiet stroll along the lakeshore or a gentle cycle along the traffic-free lanes that weave through the parkland countryside. Outdoor adventure awaits from the very doorstep with the estate able to provide comprehensive walking maps and guides as well as arranging canoe hire, climbing and guided hikes along with a plethora of other adrenaline-fueled activities. Chug through the vivid scenery with a trip on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway, just four miles away, which can only be outshined by a memorable cruise along the lake all the way to Bowness-on-Windermere, where a wealth of attractions and amenities await you. Graythwaite customers can also avail of a multitude of benefits for local services and attractions. Enjoy discounted rates for Go Ape, mountain bike hire at Grizedale as well as a local catering company and delicious welcome packs with succulent, locally-sourced food. Delivery of milk and provisions can also be arranged, and the nearby Lakeside Hotel also offer a discount exclusively for Graythwaite customers. This group of Lake District properties provides an unforgettable escape, and is an excellent destination for a special holiday spent relaxing and enjoying the tranquil setting and fantastic on-site facilities. Booked together, the properties can accommodate 82 people.
A wonderful, detached stone barn conversion located in Graythwaite Estate’s central courtyard.
Renovated to a high standard, this impressive cottage provides spacious and comfortable accommodation for up to ten guests.
Bull Pen offers an attractive open plan living area, complete with woodburner, and benefits from three bathrooms, making this a perfect cottage for large groups.
Enjoy a leisurely one-mile walk to the estate’s private frontage on the shores of Lake Windermere or work up an appetite in the on-site fitness suite and swimming pool, before sampling some local Lakeland produce in the vibrant towns and villages close by.
Five bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x double, 3 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen with breakfast bar (seats 3), dining area and sitting area with woodburner.
- Electric central heating with woodburner
- 2 x electric ovens, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, shared use of tumble dryer in table tennis room, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Kindling available £4/bag
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Patio with furniture and shared use of courtyard patio with furniture and BBQ
- Shared use of estate grounds and facilities inc. indoor heated swimming pool, table tennis room, children’s play area, fitness suite and 2.5-acre trout fishing lake
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops 4 miles, pubs 2 miles
- Note: Water from private supply, fed from freshwater lake
- Note: Fitness suite charged at £20/guest/week (£15 for short breaks), payable on site
- Note: Pool open 8.45am – 7.30pm daily, with shower, 2 x WC and limited changing facilities
- Note: Licence required for fishing, equipment can be hired locally, fishing FOC unless catch is made, then small fee applicable
- Note: Limited mobile signal