Captains House details
Captain’s House is a holiday home with style, situated in a truly remarkable waterfront position within the heart of Marazion and commanding sensational, totally uninterrupted panoramic views of St Michael’s Mount, the causeway, Marazion seafront and beach, and spanning Mounts Bay, taking in Penzance, Newlyn and Mousehole.
Set immediately above the beautiful Mounts Bay beach and overlooking St Michael’s Mount, guests have easy access to the beach without crossing any roads. This will be very attractive to parents with young children. The house is a privately situated, detached four bedroom and three bathroom seaside residence with an electric gated entrance drive. Of impeccable presentation throughout and styled with a contemporary look, Captain’s House was listed by the ‘Observer’ in June 2009 as one of the ’50 best holiday cottages’ in the UK and has also been mentioned in the Family Fun Guide.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps seven guests.
- Four bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom, one en-suite shower room and one family bathroom.
- Walled garden and sun terrace behind the seawall commanding one of the best views in Cornwall.
- Parking for two vehicles (including use of a single garage).
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Electric Aga, two additional electric ovens, electric hob, microwave, integrated dishwasher and fridge.
- American style fridge/freezer with water dispenser and ice maker in the utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Three large HDMI TVs with two Sky Plus HD boxes, two Blu-ray DVD players.
- Home cinema system with 5.1 surround sound. Radio and CD Bose Hi-Fi system with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgates available upon request.
- Although towels are provided, we do ask that guests please bring beach towels.
- Undercover table tennis.
- Weber gas barbecue, granite outdoor dining table and chairs plus two sun loungers.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Fishing is available nearby (please contact the office for information).
- An abundance of cycle rides along the coastal path. Cycle hire can be arranged through Lands End Cycle Hire on 07885 452997.
- For the ultimate luxury, book therapies in the comfort of Captains House. Contact Yolonde Philpot at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07814 729809.
- Praa Sands has a fabulous beach and home to Praa Sands Golf and Country Club which is open all year with no handicap.
- Visit St Michael’s Mount – situated just a short walk across the causeway at low tide, or catch the ferryboat if the tide is in.
- Visit Marazion Marsh nature reserve – managed by the RSPB, it boasts Cornwall’s largest reed bed.
- Visit Marazion Museum in the market place.
- Visit Marazion beach. For those interested in water sports, the following are available : Gwithian Academy of surfing at Gwithian beach, Hayle. Mount’s Bay Sailing Club based in Marazion next to the Godolphin Arms. Visit Mount’s Bay Pilot Gig club offers rowing to all ages. Ocean High Board Riding offers a variety of kitesurfs and paddleboat lessons.
- For children Marazion has wide stretches of sandy beach as well as a stonier beach which offers rock pools where aquatic animals can be seen. This beach can be accessed from Leys Lane adjacent to Captains House.
- There is also a play park on Folly Field next to the beach which contains a number of pieces of equipment.
- Visit the art galleries – There are several to choose from including “Out of the Blue” which featured in the TV show “Cornwall with Caroline Quentin”.