Cazenovia Hall details
Cazenovia Hall is a Grade II listed holiday home within the secluded grounds of the family owned Grade I listed Blencowe Hall. Sensitively renovated to a high standard, Cazenovia Hall is a 5 Star Gold Award winning, light and airy four bedroom traditional stone built barn dating back to 1726. It has views up over the nearby hills and its secluded south facing sandstone terraces are a marvellous place to wind down after a day out exploring in the Lake District.
Blencowe is situated on the edge of the Lake District, about four miles from the Lake District National Park. Close at hand is the Aira Force National Trust waterfall offering a great combination of a boulder strewn stream for the young at heart to paddle in, a tea shop and a scenic walk up to the peak of Gowbarrow Fell. The property is just over a mile from Greystoke Village which has a lovely village shop, a traditional Lakeland pub, the Boot and Shoe, a heated swimming pool and Greystoke castle with its 3,000 acres of woodland grounds, with the deer park now open for country walks.
Rural Retreats offer two other properties within the grounds of Blencowe Hall, Riverain and Wythburn Cottage, both sleeping six guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and two en-suite bathrooms.
- Open fire.
- Private garden with sandstone terraces.
- Parking for four vehicles.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), kept to the ground floor and off the furniture please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- A 5 Star Gold Award winning conversion of part of the Grade II listed sandstone barns within the estate at Blencowe Hall.
- Stunning double height, exceptionally well equipped kitchen with four oven Aga.
- Oak flooring, underfloor heating from a sustainable woodchip boiler.
- Four oven Aga, Bosch appliances including gas hob and electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, massive fridge/freezer, washer and dryer.
- 42″ TV, DVD player, iPod docking system.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Travel cot, stairgate and high chair available on request.
- Sustainable plantation teak garden furniture, Weber barbecue with locally sourced charcoal provided for guest use.
- Secure cycle storage.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Clay pigeon shooting is available.
- Within the grounds of Blencowe Hall is a tributary of the River Petterill which has brown trout fishing.
- Other outdoor pursuits can easily be arranged including pony trekking, sailboat hire and cycle tours along the popular C2C cycle route which passes through the village.
- The peaceful setting make this cottage ideal for walkers or guests seeking a “get away from it all” location from which they can enjoy the Lake District without being overrun by other visitors. You are less than four miles from the Lake District National Park.
- Easily accessible from the Penrith railway station (three hours direct from Euston) and a 10 minute taxi ride. It is about four miles from Junction 40 of the M6.