Belvoir 4 miles.
These two stunning cottages are set in a courtyard, surrounded by wonderful private grounds, on Croxton Park Estate, 1.6 miles from the village of Croxton Kerrial, in the heart of rural Leicestershire, four miles from Belvoir and Belvoir Castle and close to the market town of Grantham.
Both of these superb holiday homes are to be booked together and each accommodate eight people, ideal for families and friends to enjoy what this area has to offer.
As soon as you enter the courtyard parking area you will instantly relax and be able to forget the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Set across from each other, you will find Croxton Lodge on the right and Curlews Nest on the left as you enter the courtyard.
With an upside down layout, Croxton Lodge has the bedrooms, a shower room, games room and one of the sitting rooms on the ground floor and the sitting room and kitchen are on the first floor.
This luxury property is accessed via external stone steps direct into the kitchen, which has a range cooker and then leads you through to the character sitting room with dining area, a bar area and a warming open fire.
After a day out and about, or even after a long walk around the estate, there’s no better way to unwind then to get the open fire going and to pour a drink, whilst enjoying each others company.
Continuing downstairs you will find another smaller sitting room, perfect as a place to spend time reading a good book in peace; this room also has doors that lead to a terrace overlooking the beautiful lake.
The ground floor also contains a games room with a full-size snooker table and a shower room, and then it’s onto the bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities – a good night’s sleep is guaranteed.
Within each room there’s tea and coffee making facilities, fluffy robes and three have TVs.
Across the courtyard is Curlews Nest, a more modern property inside, but still with a sense of character and equally as luxurious.
Set over two floors, you enter via a stable door into the light and airy open plan living area with three sets of open-tread stairs that lead you up to the first floor bedrooms with en-suites.
The kitchen area has a Belfast sink, whilst the sitting area has comfy sofas.
Two of the bedrooms have TVs and three have patio doors that open onto a private gravelled area.
As with Croxton Lodge, within each bedroom there’s bath robes and tea and coffee facilities.
Croxton Park Estate was originally an Abbey from the 12th century and then later, the early Dukes of Rutland used the estate to enjoy country sports, such as shooting and fishing.
Both Croxton Lodge and Curlews Nest have been renovated by the current Duchess of Rutland.
With a number of places to visit within reach, including Ponton Park Wood, Melton Mowbray, Stamford and the city of Lincoln, these two quality holiday homes are an ideal place to stay.
Croxton Lodge. Four ground floor bedrooms: 2 x double with en-suite wet room shower, basin and WC, 2 x twin with en-suite roll-top bath, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. First floor kitchen. First floor sitting room with dining area, bar and open fire. Ground floor sitting room. Ground floor games room with snooker table. Curlews Nest. Four bedrooms: 3 x double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x double with en-suite wet room shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area (seats 4).
- Croxton Lodge
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Oil range cooker and electric hob, fridge/freezer with ice dispenser, washing machine, dishwasher, 4 x TVs with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Curlews Nest
- Oil central heating
- Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, 3 x TVs with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for fire inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Shared off road parking for 8 cars
- Gravelled garden with furniture and BBQ, plus access to shared grounds with lakes
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Unfenced lakes in grounds, children to be supervised at all times
- Note: Bedrooms in Curlews Nest are accessed via open-tread stairs
- Note: Croxton Lodge is accessed via eight external stone steps into first floor kitchen
- Note: The bar in Croxton Lodge is not stocked
- Note: In Croxton Lodge, the estate manager has shared access via the main entrance and kitchen to his flat.