Hawkshead 3 miles.
An exceptional, detached holiday property set in an elevated position, just half a mile from Lake Windermere, within the 5000-acre Graythwaite Estate.
Boasting delightful views towards the water, and four bedrooms, each equipped with their own excellent en-suites, this wonderful Windermere cottage provides the perfect, luxury base for a very special holiday spent with family or friends.
The contemporary kitchen is equipped to an excellent standard to ensure your party is well catered for, with a breakfast bar ideal for grabbing a quick bite before heading out for the day, and a spacious dining area where everyone can gather together to discuss plans.
The sitting room offers a large, open space, charmingly decorated with a tasteful country theme that blends well with the beautiful scenery surrounding this special cottage.
Outside is a private patio garden, edged by vibrant woodlands, providing the perfect place for barbecues on sunny days, with serene views stretching across the lake.
Guests are welcome to roam the estate’s grounds and enjoy the superb on-site facilities in the central courtyard, which is approximately 2 miles away, including its indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, children’s play area and table tennis games room, plus with the promise of a serene afternoon spent at the 2.5-acre trout fishing lake, the whole family will be delighted.
With these fantastic facilities available on your doorstep, and inspiring walks trailing in every direction, guests can happily spend their holiday not having to venture far.
When you’re finally ready to explore, then consider booking a bushcraft, canoeing or climbing excursion with the estate, or take advantage of the discount available at the nearby Go Ape centre, a sure way to wake up the senses and see this stunning landscape from a new perspective!
Grizedale Forest also has exceptional mountain biking facilities and guests can enjoy discounted bike hire or simply wander the walkways dotted with impressive sculptures.
A real treat will be a delicious, seasonal meal awaiting your return, or a welcome pack welcoming your arrival with further discounts available at The Lakes Catering Company, Town End Farm for everyday provisions, and The Honey Pot – all delivered to your door.
A fine array of impressive country houses can be discovered nearby, or, why not take the little ones to meet Peter Rabbit and his friends at Beatrix Potter’s Hill Top home, just four miles away?
Return to this luxury cottage after an evening’s stroll beside the lakeshore, a wonderful choice for a memorable holiday.
Four bedrooms: 2 x king-size doubles (one with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, one with en-suite shower, basin and WC), 2 x twin (one with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, one with en-suite shower, basin and WC). Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburner.
- Ground source underfloor heating with woodburner
- Gas oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, public phone in courtyard
- Power and logs for woodburner inc. in rent
- Kindling available £4/bag
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair
- Off road parking for 4 cars
- Private patio with furniture and BBQ
- Shared use of estate grounds and facilities 2 miles away inc. indoor heated swimming pool, table tennis room, children’s play area, fitness suite and 2.5-acre trout fishing lake
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1.5 miles
- Note: Water from private supply, fed from freshwater lake
- Note: Fitness suite charged at £20/guest/week (£15 for short breaks), payable on site
- Note: Pool open 8.45am – 7.30pm daily, with shower, 2 x WC and limited changing facilities
- Note: Licence required for fishing, equipment can be hired locally, fishing FOC unless catch is made, then small fee applicable
- Note: Limited mobile reception