Curlew Cottage details
The charming Curlew Cottage is situated in Lower Peover, a mere 4 miles from the historic town of Knutsford, which offers a wealth of local shops, restaurants and cafes. The cottage has a wonderful country style, whilst providing all of the modern conveniences you would expect for today’s living. Enjoy a lovely al fresco dinner whilst enjoying the sunshine in the pretty garden which boasts a small pond.
You will be spoilt for choice with an abundance of excellent country pubs in the surrounding areas, including The Bells of Peover. However if you prefer a cosy night in, why not order a delicious casserole or other similar dish, which can be provided on request.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, all doubles.
- One family bathroom and one en-suite.
- Fully enclosed garden with garden furniture, barbecue and hot tub for six.
- Off-street parking for four cars.
- One well-behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Kitchen includes fitted electric oven, microwave, fridge and separate freezer.
- Sky television.
- CD and DVD player.
- Three adult bicycles available for use.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Please be aware, there is a field pond within the grounds due to be fenced off in due course.
- Meals such as casseroles can be ordered upon request.
- There is a beauty salon within walking distance, pamper packages are available and booking is advisable. Please contact Jayne on 07944 443 096.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Visit Tatton Park – Considered one of the finest within the National Trust and host to the RHS Flower Show. Spread over 50 acres the beautiful gardens reflect over 250 years of garden design. The gardens are renowned for their remarkable glasshouses, extensive kitchen gardens and the Japanese garden which is considered the finest in Europe. Tatton hosts over 100 events a year including the RHS Flower Show every July, Summer Picnic Concerts with the Halle Orchestra and much more.
- Play a round of golf at the Mere Golf Club (7 miles). Considered one of the most prestigious clubs in the area, it is also home to the Mere Spa.
- Visit Plantation Garden Centre and Cafe (1.5 miles). A family run garden centre, providing the very best value. Visit for inspiration or to have lunch or coffee at the recently opened Colonial cafe.
- Enjoy fantastic views, coffee and cake at the Seven Sisters Farm and Ice Cream Parlour in Knutsford (3 miles).
- Go shopping in Manchester, the shopping capital of the North West.
- Chester, home to a variety of some of the UK’s leading tourist attractions including Chester Zoo and Chester Races, the oldest racecourse in England. There is also direct rail links to Chester from nearby Plumley rail station.
- A short drive away you can discover the beautiful National Trust property, Dunham Massey. Slightly further afield you can visit Beeston Castle, Lyme Park or Cholmondeley Castle and Gardens.
- You are also within an hours drive of the spectacular Peak District boasting a mass of wonderful walks as well as many other outdoor pursuits. In addition, there is the well-known spa town of Buxton and the magnificent underground caverns at Castleton.
- Further afield you can wander through the streets of the picturesque Roman city of Chester or visit one of the many excellent museums.