Forres 3 miles.
This truly elegant Adam style mansion stands regally in stunning landscaped grounds, close to Forres, one of Scotland’s oldest small towns.
Dalvey House is ideal for a large family or group of friends who want a luxury holiday together, whether it is to celebrate a special event or simply to spend time together exploring this beautiful part of Scotland.
A long and impressive drive leads through the grounds and over a bridge crossing the Muckle Burn, where you will get your first glimpse of Dalvey House, sure to take your breath away!
An impressive wood panelled reception hall has a cosy seating area around a welcoming woodburning stove.
The stylish sitting room simply oozes comfort and taste and has access through to a lovely TV room where guests can relax and watch their favourite programme away from the hustle and bustle.
There is also a separate snug with comfortable sofas and bean bags.
A contemporary and very well-equipped kitchen allows meals to be prepared with ease and the oak lined dining room is a fabulous place for a celebratory meal together.
There are nine bedrooms in total offering great flexibility with four benefiting from en-suite facilities.
From the windows the peaceful and lovely open views add to the relaxed and gentle ambience of this stunning property.
Although a historic house, it does offer up-to-date facilities such as WiFi, a Sonos sound system and Sky TV.
Close by there is plenty to do to keep everyone busy and families will really appreciate the great beaches at Nairn and Findhorn, just a few miles away.
For wildlife lovers a spot of dolphin watching has to be on the ‘to do’ list so why not take a trip to Chanory Point where they can be seen tumbling and leaping from the shoreline, or book a boat out onto the Moray Firth to see them at close quarter?
Nearby Culbin Forest, which borders some lovely beaches offers fabulous cycle and walking routes or perhaps you just want to stay at home in your special mansion and luxuriate in the sheer comfort and charm that this unique holiday home brings.
Dalvey House is the perfect choice for a memorable stay in a wonderful house at any time of the year.
Nine bedrooms: 4 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request), 2 x double, 2 x twin. Three bathrooms with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. First floor WC. Kitchen. Utility. Dining room. Sitting room with adjoining TV room. Snug with multi-purpose games table. Reception hall with seating and woodburning stove. Drying/boot room with WC.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Two electric ovens and electric hob, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Sky, DVD, Sonos music system, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned garden with seating areas
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shops and pub 3 miles
- Note: Dogs must be kept in the drying room only
- Note: Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times when outside
- Note: Separate drawing room available to use on request, situated at the back of the house
- This room is available at a charge of £500, viewing is recommended
- Note: An additional kitchen is available for preparing meals if required by arrangement with the owner
- The owner’s office is accessed from this section of the house and if not required will be kept locked
- Note: Catering service available by prior arrangement and at an additional cost
- Note: The owner has an office attached the property which is used between the hours of 10am and 4pm weekdays
- There is also a housekeeper on site between these hours.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £500.