Dovedale Lodge details
Dovedale Lodge is a charming, refurbished detached property set in the beautiful grounds of the Old Rectory, next to the Grade I listed parish church. The cottage is furnished with a mix of antique and painted French furniture and offers a high standard of finishing and equipment to ensure your stay will be as comfortable as possible.
The small, peaceful hamlet of Blore is located just four miles from the market town of Ashbourne, with its medieval street pattern, historic buildings, cobbled market place and wealth of high quality, independently run shops. With some of the Peak District’s finest walks straight from the front door, less than a mile away is Dovedale with stunning scenery and many walks, wildlife, rare wild flowers, impressive rock outcrops, tranquil woodlands and of course the much-loved stepping stones which cross the River Dove.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one shower room and one bathroom.
- An outdoor sitting area.
- Onsite parking.
- Sorry, no pets or babies.
- Children over 5 years are welcome.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Microwave, fridge freezer, Miele dishwasher.
- Washing machine with dryer.
- TV in kitchen, flatscreen TV and Blu-Ray DVD in the sitting room.
- An outdoor table and chairs.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Local activities include cycling on the Tissington Trail which is a mile and a half away.
- Sailing at Carsington Water.
- Within easy driving distance is Haddon Hall, a 12th century manor house surrounded by terraced Elizabethan gardens.
- Chatsworth House with famous works of art, working farmyard and beautiful fountains.