A stunning, detached Edwardian cottage in its own mature grounds, on the outskirts of the village of Bardsea and close to the town of Ulverston, in the spectacular Lake District.
Located next to the quality Ulverston Golf Course and overlooking Morecambe Bay, this luxuriously-appointed cottage offers breathtaking accommodation for large groups of friends or family.
From the moment you approach the cottage, you’ll feel you’ve arrived somewhere truly special.
Rest and recuperation are the themes of this enchanting cottage, with eleven bedrooms in the main house and an extra two bedrooms in the attached apartment.
This apartment also has its own living area, kitchen and shower room, and is perfect for any members of your party looking for their own space.
All of the bedrooms in the main house benefit from quality en-suite facilities and boast sublime comfort where a good night’s sleep is guaranteed!
Enjoy a touch of class by soaking in the opulent hot tub or steaming in the sauna, watch TV or challenge each other to a table tennis tournament in the games room, before retiring to the spacious sitting area to discuss upcoming adventures.
Rustle up a tasty meal in the well-equipped kitchen, and enjoy it in the bright and airy conservatory where you can view the expansive grounds and Morecambe Bay, in this quiet and peaceful location.
The area surrounding the cottage is a wonderful holiday base, with the market town of Ulverston just a few miles down the road, home to plenty of amenities and hosting many festivals throughout the year.
The coastline of the Furness Peninsula offers beaches and good birdwatching, while all the splendour of the Lake District National Park, from the sparkling waters of Windermere to the rugged peaks of Scafell Pike and all the pretty villages dotted between, is just waiting to be discovered.
With all of this to experience and this wonderful cottage to return to each night, your Cumbrian holiday is sure to be a memorable one.
Note: Ref. 13570 is in the grounds of this property, together they sleep 39.
Main house: Over three floors. Eleven bedrooms: 1 x ground floor super king-size double (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite wet room with walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 3 x ground floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x first floor king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x first floor king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 2 x first floor double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x first floor single with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x first floor family room with 1 king-size double and 1 single (room sleeps 2) with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Three ground floor basin and WC (one with disabled facilities). Kitchen. External utility. Dining room in conservatory with doors to patio and hot tub. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Second floor apartment. Two bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin. Shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen. Sitting room (seats 4). External games room with TV and table tennis.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Double electric oven, gas oven and 14-ring gas hobs, microwave, three fridges, two freezers, two washing machines and tumble dryers in external utility, two dishwashers, 14 x TVs with Freeview, DVD, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Additional firewood available on an honesty box basis
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot and highchair on request
- Ample off road parking
- Lockable bike storage
- Shared lawned gardens
- Private patio with furniture, BBQ and hot tub
- External barrel sauna
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Please confirm with owner if you would like zip/link bed made up as twin at least 14 days prior to your arrival
- Note: Hot tub unavailable from 4pm on Thursdays for weekly cleaning/maintenance
- Note: Mobile reception in house is limited
- Note: No stag/hen or similar
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Note: £500 refundable Good Housekeeping Bond payable prior to arrival.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £500.