Fenton Tower holiday home details
Fenton Tower is a magnificent, fortified 16th-century tower located 18 miles east of Edinburgh near the coastal town of North Berwick. Set over five floors, the castle comprises of ground floor dining room, kitchen and storage area for golfing equipment, walking shoes and outdoor clothing. The first floor features a spacious sitting room, library and study, while the second to fourth floor accommodate five luxurious suites with double bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms, one twin bedroom and one single bedroom. Fenton Tower has been refurbished to impeccable standards with period features and antique furniture featured throughout.
Set amongst rolling countryside and surrounded by some of the worlds’ most famous golf courses including Muirfield, Gullane and North Berwick, Fenton Tower is the perfect base for a magnificent golfing experience. The location of the Tower makes it ideal for all kinds of country, sporting and recreational activities. Arrangements can be made for parties of up to eight guns for Grouse, Partridge and Pheasant shooting, as well as fly fishing on the rivers Tweed and Tyne. With horse riding, archery, and local attractions including The National Museum of Flight and the Scottish Seabird Centre, all within a stones-throw of the Castle, your visit to East Lothian will be one you will want to repeat.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 13 guests.
- Five double suites, one twin bedroom and one single bedroom.
- Five bathrooms.
- Historic castle with period features and antique furniture.
- Included with your stay is a breakfast banquet served daily, evening catering can also be provided on request (not available during Christmas and New Year).
- A range of county pursuits can be arranged in advance such as horse riding, shooting and fishing.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Ample parking.
- Minimum one night stay.
- Underfloor heating.
- Six burner gas hob.
- Two electric ovens.
- Multifunction microwave.
- Large fridge and one small fridge in kitchen.
- Large fridge and small freezer in out building,
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television with Sky, DVD player and CD player in Library.
- Televisions with Freeview, DVD players and digital radios in six bedrooms.
- Two high chairs and two cots available on request.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- There are over 100 courses within 20-30 miles of Fenton Tower and 15 within 10 miles! These include Gullane, North Berwick and Luffness. Muirfield, host of the 2002 British Open is just 3 miles away. St Andrews is only 22 miles away “as the crow flies”.
- Fenton Tower is a short 25 minute train journey from the centre of Edinburgh. Top attractions in the historical capital city include Edinburgh Castle, the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the National Museum of Scotland, to name but a few.
- The area is a walker’s paradise with castle trails, beach walks and imposing hills to climb and explore.
- East Lothian’s stunning coastline is the ideal spot for a good gallop along the beach. A local family-owned centre caters for adults and children alike, offering a safe well-run environment for riders of all abilities.
- Pheasant and partridge is available when in season at the neighbouring Fenton Brunt estate. Clay pigeon shooting is also available right on the back doorstep at Fenton Tower.
- Sea, loch, and river fishing can be organised in advance through Fenton Tower to ensure you have the best Scottish fishing experience.
- The Scottish Seabird Centre in North Berwick is located just 2 miles from Fenton Tower. See seabirds and marine life at close-proximity on state of the art remote-controlled cameras positioned on each of the four local islands, or take a boat trip to iconic Bass Rock; home to one of the biggest Gannet colonies in the world.
- Musselburgh racecourse is a 20 minute drive from the Tower. Our vibrant local racecourse offers evening summer, and winter national hunt meets with superb hospitality available.