This lovely, semi-detached timber-framed barn nestles within the owner’s estate grounds, overlooking a 3-acre stream-fed fishing lake, well stocked with mirror, common and crucian carp, as well as rudd and roach, in the hamlet of Duddenhoe End, within close reach of Arksden and the beautiful city of Cambridge.
With accommodation set mainly over the ground floor, this cottage near Saffron Walden offers comfortable, rural accommodation, a perfect retreat for people who enjoy fishing and walking.
This Saffron Walden cottage has two bedrooms on the ground floor, and the added benefit of a double bed in the galleried bedroom, great for older children or a fourth adult.
The open plan living area offers a well-equipped kitchen, and a dining area and sitting area with stunning views across the lake.
This Saffron Walden cottage provides comfortable accommodation for families and friends wishing to relax and enjoy this rural part of England.
There are a number of excellent places to eat just a short drive away from your Saffron Walden cottage, and it is also perfect for exploring Cambridge, or visiting IWM Duxford or beautiful Audley End house and gardens.
This welcoming Saffron Walden cottage is suitable for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility, meaning everyone can enjoy a restful time here in this wonderful part of Britain.
Mostly ground floor. Three bedrooms: 1 x double, 1 x twin, 1 x galleried king-size double. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Ground source heat pump heating with underfloor on ground floor
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Patio with furniture and BBQ
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 miles
- Note: Galleried bedroom accessed via spiral staircase
- Note: This cottage is awarded CAT 2 so is suitable for accompanied disabled
- Note: Fishing available at half price, please contact owner for more information
- Note: Max 4 people
- Note: Check-in 4pm, check-out 10am