Hex Cottage details
Hex Cottage is our first ‘Lost Collection’ country retreat, a beautiful thatched forester’s cottage set within its own meadow and surrounding woodland. The cottage comes without electricity so our guests can experience undisturbed peace and a real sense of bygone time. However, the Esse wood-fired range cooker in the kitchen & dining area expertly heats the cottage and provides endless piping-hot water.
Creature comforts abound in the roar of a log fire, the fairy-tale bedroom and quirky bathroom complete with luxurious roll-top bath. Come to rejuvenate, come to unwind and to be as one with our natural heritage. The romantic experience continues in the bedroom with its king-size bed complete with fairy-tale canopy.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom and one bathroom.
- The cottages comes without electricity. However, the range cooker provides endless piping hot water and heating and storm lanterns and candles are provided.
- A log fireplace and wood-fired range cooker.
- An outside larder where croissants amd newspapers can be delivered daily upon request.
- Onsite parking.
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Set within 4,500 acres of parkland.
- Sibton Park Estate is a haven for wildlife.
- An original bread oven, a classic porcelain butler sink, stable door and antique table which seats four.
- Original leaded windows and wood flooring.
- A roll-top bath, zinc coated vanity unit, low suite wc and original brick flooring.
- Use of an outdoor swimming pool (April-October)
- Use of a tennis court.
- An additional concierge service is available upon request. This includes a chef or bespoke spa treatments.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Nestled between the pretty Suffolk villages of Peasenhall and Yoxford.
- A short drive from the celebrated Heritage Coast.
- Southwold, on the mouth of the River Blythe, has a fine Victorian pier, colourful beach huts and is home of the famous Adnams Brewery.
- Nearby Walberswick is a favourite spot for crabbing with the children and is connected to Southwold via the quaint ‘foot ferry’.
- Within the Yox Valley, guests can choose from a wide variety of award-winning traditional and gastro-pubs, such as The Westleton Crown, the Sibton White Horse and The Queen’s Head in Dennington.
- Aldeburgh and nearby Snape Maltings are a mecca for musicians, artists and poets. Together, they play host to the Aldeburgh Festival, a year round cultural event.