High Bridge Haven details
A newly built cedar lodge which has been purpose designed to be the perfect getaway for two. Situated in a secluded area, the lodge has breath-taking views across the Duddon Estuary and the spectacular Lake District mountains beyond.
Located on the Furness peninsula and only a short distance from the village of Kirkby-in-Furness, the lodge is in an ideal spot from which to explore the area’s beautiful scenery. There are many rural and coastal walks in the area which offer a fabulous opportunity to catch a glimpse of Cumbria’s abundant birds and wildlife. A number of great pubs and restaurants are nearby to try out in Dalton-in-Furness and Ulverston.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom.
- En-suite shower room and separate cloakroom with wc.
- Garden with patio and hot tub looking out on to stunning views.
- Parking space for one car.
- Sorry, no children or pets.
- Minimum stay two nights.
- Hot tub.
- Wood burning stove.
- Dishwasher, fridge/freezer, electric oven with gas hob and microwave.
- Television with DVD and Freeview.
- Flagged patio with garden furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Nearby shops, including a bakery, butchers and small supermarket, can be found less than 2 miles away in the village of Askam-in-Furness.
- Breathe in the sea air from the Duddon Estuary during a stroll on the beach at Askam-in-Furness.
- Make sure to visit the Lake District National Park including beautiful Coniston Water which is just 14 miles away.
- There are plenty of nearby attractions to visit. Marvel at the ruins of medieval Furness Abbey, which are now cared for by English Heritage, soak up the area’s maritime history at The Dock Museum in Barrow-in-Furness or take a walk on the wild side at South Lake Safari Park.
- The closest railway station is Askam Station in Askam-in-Furness. It’s a 15 minute journey to Barrow-in-Furness where you can catch connecting trains to Lancaster, Carlise and Windermere.