Set in an idyllic rural location offering total relaxation, this studio-style apartment is in the Lammermuir Hills, right on the final section of the Southern Upland Way, 6 miles north of Duns in the Scottish Borders.
Driving along the country lanes between streams and woodland you will soon feel the stress seeping away from your shoulders and as you pass through the estate’s Victorian lodge gates, you can’t fail to be impressed by their grandeur.
Kidcleugh Hide is the perfect destination for a romantic break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
The first floor is all open plan, a bright and airy studio room filled with bespoke handcrafted wooden furniture, fur throws, cushions and mood lighting.
There is a bedroom, sitting and dining area with exposed timber beams, large windows and a woodburner to add to the luxury that exudes throughout.
French doors lead from the living area to the decking, a perfect spot to relax at any time of day looking over the fields and woods below spotting deer, buzzards and jays.
On the ground floor there is a shower room and a compact kitchenette.
The dark skies around Kidcleugh Hide come alive at night so wrap up in a blanket, sit back and marvel at the sky above peppered with thousands of stars while listening to the owls hooting from the nearby owl and lodge woods as well as the estate’s own RSPB owl house.
If you can bear to leave this romantic retreat there is plenty of walking and cycling from the doorstep, the Northumberland coastline and Edinburgh are an easy drive away and with Duns just six miles south Kidcleugh Hide is a perfect base for touring the Borders and North Northumberland.
Note: This property can be booked with Ref 946704, together they sleep 7.
First floor open plan studio accommodation with double bed, dining area and sitting area with woodburner and decked balcony. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Ground floor kitchenette.
- Electric underfloor heating on ground floor with woodburner on first floor
- Electric oven and ceramic hob, fridge, Smart TV with Sky, Bluetooth speakers, CD/radio, WiFi, landline phone (for emergency use only), selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars in covered car port
- Bike storage
- Decked balcony with furniture
- Lawned garden
- Access to 2 acres of grounds including paddock, woods and stream
- One well-behaved pet welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 6 miles
- Note: There are steps down to the lawned area and there is a pond in the garden, pets to be supervised
- Note: Adults only, no infants
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Note: No mobile signal at this property.