Landward Cottage (Isle of Wight) details
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats are pleased to present St Catherine’s Lighthouse in Niton, the Isle of Wight.
St Catherine’s Lighthouse is situated just outside the hamlet of Niton, approximately 10 minutes’ drive from the popular coastal resort of Ventnor, the southernmost point of the Isle of Wight. The site comprises a terrace of three self catering, former lighthouse keepers cottages, Landward Cottage, sleeping 4 guests, Gurnard Cottage, sleeping five guests and Penda Cottage sleeping five guests. There is an excellent real ale pub a 10-minute walk up the hill.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms and one shower room.
- Fully enclosed and private courtyard with a shared open grassed area.
- Parking is to the rear of your cottage. Please see Notes.
- Sorry, no pets.
- The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
- Minimum stay of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Electric effect woodburner, TV, video, DVD and CD player.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- There are guided tours of the lighthouse throughout the year (subject to availability). If you would like to view the lighthouse please click here or telephone 01983 730435.
- Also on this site is Gurnard Cottage, sleeping five guests and Penda Cottage, sleeping five guests.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Within easy reach of the beach.
- Enjoy a historical day exploring Carisbrooke Castle, Brading Roman Villa or Arreton Old Village.
- Stroll around the lovely Rosemary Vineyard.
- Close by is Sandown Pier.
- Isle of Wight Military History Museum
- A great day for the whole family is Robin Hill Park and Gardens, the brilliant Isle of Wight Zoo as well as Seaview Wildlife Encounters.
- Nearby beaches include Ventnor beach, Shanklin beach, Freshwater Bay and Sandown beach including the Battery Gardens.