Lletty holiday home details
Lletty is one of eight luxury self-catering cottages on The Bodnant Estate near Conwy in North Wales. A perfect outdoor break, the Bodnant Estate is privately owned and this cottage lies off a woodland track from where there are glorious walks along private paths through woods and across farmland. The world famous Bodnant Garden owned by the National Trust, is central to the Estate and within one to two miles walking distance from the properties and open 361 days a year. The world famous garden is known for its laburnum arch, Italiante terraces, waterfalls and national collections of plants.
Lletty is an historic three-storey Grade II stone holiday farmhouse dating from the 17th century, rescued from dereliction and sympathetically restored, leading to an award from the Conwy Civic Society during 2009 for its restoration. Lletty is situated high above the Eglwysbach valley, with fine pastoral views. It has many period features including two vaulted rooms, a two-storey room where the warmth of the animals was used to heat the farmhouse, exposed beams, wooden and slate floors, and bread oven. A separate annexe provides accommodation for a further two guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms and two bathrooms.
- A wood burning stove.
- Enclosed garden, parts of which are on a slope, with steps and a level sitting area below the house plus an eating terrace to one side of house.
- Parking for three vehicles.
- You can bring your dog to this cottage (small additional charge). Due to nearby livestock, please keep your pet under careful control.
- Please note that access to the cottage is via a single country road and graded track across fields.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- This property could be taken with Lletty and Annexe to accommodate eight guests.
- Period features include oak and slate floors, vaulted ceilings, exposed beams and a bread oven.
- Gas range cooker, microwave, larder fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- TV, Freeview, DVD, CD/radio.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- A 10% discount at Hayloft restaurant, the Tearooms, Bodnant Cookery School and Bodnant Garden Centre is available.
- Fishing permits available at Bodnant Garden Centre.
- A ‘Click and Collect’ service which allows you to order your food in advance and then collect on arrival from the Bodnant Welsh Food Centre.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Access to many miles of private paths that run through woods and across farmlands.
- At Bodnant Welsh Food you will also discover the delicious Hayloft restaurant producing rustic Welsh food with a modern twist,
- The Bodnant Tearooms where you can enjoy freshly baked cakes while overlooking the beautiful Conwy Estuary and Carneddau Hills and 25 meters of adventure play trail for the children.
- Discover fresh skills in the Bodnant Cookery School with personal guidance from leading Welsh culinary experts. Whether you’re a complete beginner, a budding chef or an enthusiastic foodie, the state of the art cookery school hosts a wide range of inspiring courses suited to all abilities.
- There is more to experience with the Bodnant Wine Cellar where you can enjoy a tasting event to tantalise your taste buds, complete ‘an Introduction to Food & Wine matching’ course or simply browse the large selection of the finest Welsh and world wines.
- Book yourself onto a course at the National Beekeeping Centre.
- Fishing permits can be purchased so you can spend a day in the heart of the estate trying to catch any number of fish from Roach, Tench, Perch, Eels and Rainbow Trout.
- For the green fingered, why not visit Bodnant Garden Centre. Otherwise, you may find a lovely gift from the Bodnant Craft Centre.