Lochside Cottage holiday home details
Lovingly renovated and restored, Lochside Cottage sits directly on the shores of Loch Tay and sleeps up to six guests. With an en-suite master bedroom, one double and one bunk room, there is more than enough space for friends and family. The quirky open plan living, dining and kitchen area offers private views of Loch Tay just metres from the property. Completing this special property is a private hot tub, patio with garden furniture and lawn overlooking the Loch.
Lochside Cottage is part of Taymouth Marina in the Perthshire village of Kenmore, on the edge of Loch Tay. The area has a wide range of water sports to try out such as sailing, canoeing, water-skiing and jet-biking. If seeking a more leisurely pursuit, try fishing or a round of golf at Aberfeldy Golf Club, while the Scottish Crannog Centre is a fascinating reconstruction of an ancient loch dwelling which is well worth visiting.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- En-suite master bedroom, one double and one bunk room.
- Family bathroom.
- All on one level (please see Notes for further details).
- Private views of Loch Tay.
- Private patio with hot tub.
- Grassed lawn.
- Children and infants welcome.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Parking for up to four cars.
- Minimum three night stay.
- Use of a unique sauna experience, The Hot Box, is included in your stay.
- Open fireplace.
- Underfloor heating in both shower and bathroom.
- Electric oven and hob.
- Dishwasher, fridge/freezer, microwave.
- Coffee maker and food processor.
- Washing machine and drying rack.
- Additional freezer.
- Garden table and chairs seating six. Gas barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- There are number of villages around Loch Tay including Kenmore, Aberfeldy and Killin.
- The Taymouth Marina Restaurant has breathtaking loch views from every table and serves delicious Scottish produce daily. The Courtyard Shop in Kenmore has a lovely deli and gift shop.
- The Marina provides a range of water sport activities to enjoy including canoeing, kayaking, pedalos and even a water trampoline.
- Walkers will love the gentle trails around Drummond Hill, part of the Tay Forest Park. There are some amazing views of Loch Tay that have to be seen to be believed.
- Visit The Scottish Crannog Centre, an award-winning and interactive centre, with an authentic reconstruction of an early Iron Age loch-dwelling.
- Aberfeldy Golf Club has a scenic parkland course to try in the heart of Highland Perthshire.