A beautiful, detached cottage located in a delightful lakeside setting, in the scattered hamlet of Coddington between Chester and Wrexham in the beautiful Cheshire countryside.
Set in the grounds of an award-winning caravan park with full access to all the facilities on offer, including a heated outdoor pool, tennis court and games room, and with fishing from the coarse fishing lake in the garden, this luxury cottage will delight you whatever your pastime.
Beautifully-presented throughout, the cottage offers a social kitchen area, with granite worktops and an electric AGA which provides style and warmth in winter.
There is a breakfast bar separating the kitchen area from the delightful dining room, where you can sit and relax with friends and family over a delicious home-cooked meal.
An open arch with a single step leads down to the lovely summer room, with floor to ceiling picture windows overlooking the lake, just welcoming you to step out and enjoy the countryside from the garden.
A formal sitting room invites you to settle in front of the inglenook stove, particularly on a cooler evening, where you can snuggle up and watch a movie.
There are five comfortable bedrooms, one on the ground floor, and four on the first floor, three of which have lake views, whilst the master bedroom also boasts an en-suite bathroom.
There is a good sized utility room, styled to the same level as the kitchen, and ideal for drying boots and coats after an energetic country walk on one of the many local paths or the popular Bishop Bennet Way which is less than 2 miles away.
The owner can provide cycle storage if required allowing you to explore the many cycle routes in the area, or if you prefer staying local, then the caravan site facilities are available free of charge, with the outdoor swimming pool heated to cater for the fussiest swimmer.
There is a children’s climbing frame, a tennis court and an indoor games room with pool table, noughts and crosses and table tennis.
Carden Park is a luxury hotel a short drive away and here you will find excellent facilities including a golf course, spa, a vineyard and a choice of restaurants and bars where you can sample the locally made wine.
This is a superb Cheshire cottage for family and friends to create fantastic memories, any time of year.
Five bedrooms: 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double, 1 x ground floor king-size double, 2 x twin. Bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar (seats 2) and dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Sun room.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric AGA (available October-April), electric double oven and two-ring hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, 2 x TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent, please bring own pool towels
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate
- Ample off road parking
- Bike storage on request
- Lawned garden with furniture and fishing lake
- Shared use of on-site facilities inc. outdoor heated swimming pool (available May to Sept), children’s play area (suitable for children aged 6-14) and tennis court
- Shared games room with pool table and table tennis
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 6 mins walk
- Note: Unfenced lake, pets to be kept away and children to be supervised at all times
- Note: One internal step on ground floor
- Note: Balls for tennis and table tennis available to buy at £1 each, racquets available free of charge, and pool table charged at 50p per game
- Note: Property is situated on the owner’s touring caravan park
- Note: Electric AGA available October-April
- Note: Fishing is available free of charge, license and own equipment required.