This stunning property is in a lovely location with breathtaking views just outside the village of Withyham in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Set in a private location within its own gated garden and grounds which include a small wood and fields, this spacious 5,500 square foot property is set over three well-laid-out floors and has everything you could wish for including a hot tub, endless swimming pool, gym and cinema room as well as a large dining room with a baby grand piano, making Marck House the perfect choice for your next family gathering.
The main entrance into the property leads you straight into a fabulous dining room with a spectacular table which comfortably seats twenty people.
With the woodburning stove and baby grand piano this is a natural hub for any memorable family celebration with the sitting room and kitchen immediately leading off it.
The spacious kitchen is extremely well-equipped with all you could need to prepare wonderful meals and entertain even the largest of groups.
In addition the large oak kitchen table, seating areas and spectacular views make it a great place to socialize over breakfast and catch-up before heading out for the day.
The lavishly furnished and extremely comfortable sitting room has ample seating to relax and unwind in front of the fire, listen to some music via the Sonos system, read the newspapers or enjoy the fabulous countryside views.
From here doors lead out onto the balcony where drinks can be enjoyed while overlooking the croquet lawn and the valley beyond.
This is also the perfect place to watch the sun go down before adjourning for dinner.
Relax and indulge whilst stargazing from one of the luxury baths for two or drench yourself in the rainmaker power showers before retreating to the warmth and comfort of one of the seven bedrooms.
All the rooms are well-appointed and arranged with beautiful wool carpets and comfortable beds.
Whether you choose the spacious master bedroom, one of the family rooms or one of the doubles, Marck House provides flexible and spacious sleeping accommodation to suit any group.
Entertainment is important to any holiday at Marck House with a state-of-the-art cinema room with access to the latest film releases.
For the active guest and lover of the outdoors there is an endless swimming pool, with gym facilities at the house and biking, climbing, riding as well as sailing and canoeing among the many activities on offer within a short distance.
After a day of adventure and however muddy you may be, the lower ground floor entrance area with its double garage doors is perfect to easily spray down using its hose pipes while providing an ample area to discard or easily store boots, outdoor clothes and equipment.
Set in the middle of two acres of private gardens, there’s no better place than the terrace to catch some rays on hot summer days whilst tossing some steaks on the barbecue as you enjoy a few beers.
With ample and stylish furniture for the whole group, as well as outdoor beanbags, this area is perfect for casual get-togethers and dining alfresco.
In the evening enjoy the hot tub while being warmed by the heat from the Kadai firebowl and looking up at the stars.
We know how important it is to make the most of your holiday and your precious time together.
With so many places to visit and things to do in the local area help with planning your trip can make all the difference.
Sarah, the Marck House host, has expert knowledge and contacts in the local area and is able to help plan ahead whatever your budget, age group or interests.
Take some time to discover antique shopping in Tunbridge Wells, Hever Castle, Penshurst Place, Chartwell and Groombridge Place.
Kids of all ages will love Winnie the Pooh in the Ashdown forest, Go Ape In Bedgebury Forest, The Bluebell Railway and Bewl Water, whilst shooting, deer stalking, nature walks, bushcraft and survival days are all available to be booked.
Over three floors. Seven bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double with TV, double bath and en-suite shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite shower, basin and WC, 2 x double with a single bed on request, 1 x ground floor twin, 1 x family room with 1 super king-size double and 2 singles, 1 x lower ground floor family room with 1 super king-size double and 2 singles. Bathroom with bath, separate shower, basin and WC. Lower ground floor shower room with basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area and access to balcony. Lower ground floor utility. Dining room with baby grand piano and woodburning stove. Sitting room with woodburning stove and access to balcony. Cinema room. Lower ground floor endless swimming pool. Garage/games room/gym with table tennis table and running and rowing machine.
Please note: The number of people occupying this property should not exceed the number stated on the Holiday Confirmation. If you wish to invite additional guests, this must be agreed by the house administrator in advance.
- Eco-friendly geothermal and electric underfloor heating with two woodburning stoves
- Range electric oven and gas hob, microwave, 2 x American-style fridge/freezers, dishwasher, 2 x washing machines, tumble dryer, cinema system with projector and Apple TV, Netflix, TV streaming and device mirroring, Sonos sound system with Napster, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and fuel for stoves inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Two cots, two highchairs and babybath
- Off road parking for 6 cars, additional parking available on request
- Garage/gym/games room with table tennis table, running and rowing machine
- Lawned garden with terrace with furniture and hot tub
- Veranda balcony
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop 2 miles, pub 1 mile
- Note: Sloping ceilings in some places on the first floor
- Note: First floor family room has a step up to the single beds and a support beam
- Note: Balcony accessed from sitting room and kitchen, children to be supervised
- Note: Noise restrictions are in place
- Note: Chef service, cookery days, hypnotherapy, massage, beauty therapy, deer stalking and many other activities are available by prior arrangement with house administrator at additional cost
- Note: Sarah, the House Administrator and Hostess has expert local knowledge and is on hand prior to and during your stay to provide you with support and advice in order to ensure you and your guests have an enjoyable stay