An exceptional, detached barn conversion cottage in the pretty village of Old Bolingbroke in the heart of the Lincolnshire Wolds.
With superb attention to detail, this immaculately presented property makes the perfect, luxurious romantic retreat for a couple wanting to explore the nearby coastline, historic market towns and the surrounding countryside.
Inside, the property has underfloor heating, with oak flooring and doors, character beams and a bespoke spiral staircase, leading up to the bedroom, which has doors opening onto a Juliet balcony.
The comfortable sitting room has floor-to-ceiling windows throwing in plenty of light, whilst the cosy woodburning stove is perfect for cooler evenings.
The country-style, spacious kitchen boasts granite worktops, a double Belfast sink and an AGA range, with a pleasant dining area to enjoy romantic meals together.
Outside is an attractive sheltered courtyard garden, with shrubs and a sunny patio, where you can enjoy alfresco dining.
A ten-minute stroll brings you to the local pub and the ruins of Old Bolingbroke Castle, which is owned by English Heritage, whilst the nearby market town of Spilsby offers plenty of choice for eating out, with independent retailers, tea rooms and country inns.
The immediate area offers first rate cycling and walking opportunities and golfers can take full advantage of the championship golf courses at Woodhall Spa.
Close by is the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre and the coast, with its long, sandy beaches and sand dunes, lies fifteen miles away.
A day trip to Lincoln is a must, with its famous cathedral and castle, sited on the escarpment overlooking the old town.
A well-placed cottage for an interesting and varied break.
One king-size double bedroom with Juliet balcony and en-suite shower, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Underfloor heating with woodburning stove
- AGA range cooker, electric oven with ceramic hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books and DVDs
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Bike storage
- Enclosed courtyard garden to side and rear with furniture
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 4 miles, pub 10 mins walk
- Note: No children under 10
- Note: Check-in 4pm, check-out time 10am.