Mill Race Cottage details
Mill Race Cottage is ideally situated on the edge of the Peak District National Park in the popular village of Bonsall.
In an ideal area for a romantic holiday, the gardens extend to approximately two acres, the main feature of which is a delightful mill stream which cascades through the gardens over a series of waterfalls, with several small bridges criss crossing the waterway.
Bonsall is a delightful historic village nestling in the Derbyshire Hills surrounded by wooded hillside with pleasant walks and fine views. There are two pubs in Bonsall, only a 10-minute walk up the hill from the property. Just over a mile away is Cromford, home of Sir Richard Arkwright, where there are a variety of shops and several pubs and places to eat.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Enclosed garden.
- Parking is available for two vehicles and private access.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- There are steps up to the property and also up to the bedroom, making the property unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- Sorry, no pets or babies.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Pretty, shared garden with mill stream.
- Gas hob and electric oven, fridge with small freezer compartment, wine cooler, dishwasher, combination oven/microwave.
- TV, DVD player, CD player, radio/tape player.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Two pubs in the village.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- From the property there are scenic footpaths/woodland walks, and within a 20-minute drive there are a variety of trails to suit all abilities.
- Many of the Peak District’s popular towns such as Bakewell, Buxton and Matlock are within a 20-minute drive.
- There are a wealth of things to do in the area, whether it is taking a ride on a cable car over a gorge, exploring the historical mining museum, wandering through the grounds of Chatsworth House or Lea Gardens .
- For the sporting enthusiasts you can sail, windsurf, kayak, fish or mountain bike to name but a few.