A superb detached cottage with a hot tub near the village of Newcastleton in a rural location with beautiful open Borders countryside all around.
Fully refurbished and finished to an excellent standard, this lovely traditional stone cottage offers the perfect country getaway.
Netherraw sleeps up to six people with a king-size double on the ground floor and two twin rooms up the original cottage staircase.
Both the bathroom and the separate shower room are on the ground floor, and there is a small utility, ideal for drying wet walking and cycling gear.
The fitted kitchen with a dining table is to the front of the property, and the sitting room has a lovely woodburning stove.
There is ample parking at the side and rear and the cottage is fully fenced on three sides and open to owners field at the rear of cottage.
Outside is a table and chairs at the back of the house along with a wonderful hot tub with views across the fields and hills.
An ideal base for exploring this historic and beautiful region, Netherraw is perfect for walkers and cyclists with tracks leading off from the door.
Along the Liddesdale Valley is the village of Newcastleton with its array of hotels, pubs and shops, as well as the Copshaw Common Riding, a scenic golf course and the traditional music festival held in early July.
Visit spectacular Hermitage Castle and explore its dramatic and romantic history when Mary Queen of Scots secretly visited her lover here.
There is an abundance of walking, fishing and mountain biking nearby with the superb Kielder Forest Park, as well as the 7stanes trails.
A delightful cottage that’s suitable for a family or a group of friends.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor king-size double, 2 x twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Ground floor shower room with shower, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove.
- Oil central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with Freeview, WiFi, selection of books and games
- Fuel, power and starter pack for stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate on request
- Ample off road parking
- Rear gravelled garden with hot tub, furniture and BBQ, plus front lawned garden and shared use of owner’s field
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 4 miles
- Note: There is no mobile reception at this property
- Note: There is restricted head height in the two first floor twin bedrooms
- Note: The staircase at Netherraw is original and is narrow and steep.