Oat House details
The Oat House is an attached property built in traditional style using mellow honey coloured Cotswold stone beneath a slate roof. The village of Snowshill is situated on the top of the Cotswold escarpment above the villages of Stanway, Stanton, Broadway, Buckland and Laverton.
The village is secluded with period cottages and houses and a 19th Century church clustered around a small green. Snowshill is renowned for its manor house with beautiful gardens and tea rooms which are administered by The National Trust. The Lavender Farm on the edge of the village also has tea rooms. The village pub, The Snowshill Arms, serves good food and is only a two-minute walk away.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps seven guests (including babies).
- Four bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one family shower room.
- Two wood burning stoves,
- Beautiful, enclosed, terraced garden. (There is a staircase with handrail up to the patio area).
- Off road parking for two vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Traditional, exposed beams.
- Four oven electric Aga, microwave, dishwasher, two fridge/freezers, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Large flatscreen TV in snug, smaller TV in sitting room. DVD, iPod dock.
- Cot and high chair available on request.
- Outdoor patio furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Locally there are many public footpaths and close by is the Cotswold Way.
- Nearby, picturesque Broadway offers a wide range of shops and restaurants.
- Chipping Campden, Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon, with its renowned Royal Shakespeare Theatre, are all within easy reach.
- For the sporting enthusiasts, there are several golf courses nearby along with National Hunt Racing at Cheltenham, Polo atCirencester Park and Cricket at Worcester.