West Winnowing details
Situated in the peaceful village of Niton, ten miles from the seaside town of Ventnor, this property, dating back to the mid 1800s, enjoys spectacular views over the island’s southern coastline at St Catherine’s Point. West Winnowing enjoys spectacular sea views and the house is within easy walking distance of a real ale pub, the Buddle Inn which dates back to the 17th century, serves food and welcomes families.
Set within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with coastal and cliff-top walks, horse riding, cycling, pottery painting, surfing, wind surfing, kite surfing and bird watching are available in the area. St Catherine’s Lighthouse can be seen from the decked area.
The village of Niton, a five to ten minute walk, has a chemist, post office/tea room, church, additional pub and a small well stocked grocery store. Niton also boasts historical links with Guglielmo Marconi who used the local Knowles Farm as a location for radio experiments when he was living on the Isle of Wight in the late 1890s and early 1900s.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Three bedrooms and one family bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Decked area and garden with two raised patio areas.
- Please ensure children are supervised at all times as one decked area is not fenced.
- No parking immediately outside the property – on street parking 20 yards away in either direction.
- One well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge). The ferries welcome dogs in the passenger lounges in dedicated areas and provide water bowls.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Electric range style cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer.
- TV, DVD player
- Cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The rocky coastline is only a 10 to 15 minute walk from the cottage but there are plenty of pebble or sandy beaches within easy driving distance.
- There are more than 20 beaches around the island including several which are award winning. The island is very dog friendly and there are 9 beaches that welcome dogs all year round.
- Ventnor Botanical Gardens, Osborne House, Amazon World and Carisbrooke Castle are some of the island’s most popular attractions.
- Travelling times are approximately one and a half to two hours from London to Lymington Ferry Port or Portsmouth Ferry Port – 30 minute ferry crossing, 30 minute drive from Yarmouth or 35 minutes form Fishbourne to Niton village.