Pendleton Cottage details
Pendleton Cottage is a charming, detached one bedroom cottage ideally located on the edge of the Peak District National Park. This delightful, newly renovated property retains its original character, with beams and exposed stonework throughout.
Dogs are welcome at the property and to enjoy the beautiful walks right from the door, the owners have prepared detailed maps and directions for walks around the cottages, so you can find the prettiest footpaths and best views. You are situated in the picturesque village of Alderwasley, in a peaceful and relatively undiscovered area just a few miles from Matlock.
This cottage may be booked together with Sparrows Roost to accommodate up to four guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom with one shower room.
- Wood burning stove on glass hearth.
- Outdoor patio.
- Parking for two vehicles.
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- A small baby is welcome in own moses basket.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Exposed stone walls and original beams throughout.
- Granite work surfaces.
- Electric induction hob and fan assisted oven. Microwave, fridge/freezer, washer dryer.
- Television with FreeSat. DVD player. CD player with iPod docking station and USB port.
- Garden table and chairs, and sun loungers; outside hot and cold taps and dog washing area.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Pendleton Cottage makes a perfect base for walking in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside and is surrounded by woods and valleys with stunning views.
- An award winning pub, The Bear Inn, serving excellent food along with its famous Sunday carvery, is just a short walk away.
- This area is steeped in history and well located within easy reach of the Derwent Valley Mills World Heritage Site, Bakewell and Ashbourne.
- Visit the country houses of Chatsworth, Haddon and Hardwick.
- The historic market town of Wirksworth is just two miles away and has shops, pubs and a couple of very nice restaurants along with several take-aways.