Rosemary Cottage (Somerset) details
Rosemary Cottage is situated at the end of a quiet country lane, having been recently refurbished to provide luxury living for those wishing to escape for some peace and tranquillity. A delightful two-bedroom property within easy reach of Bath (12 miles). The local pub is within walking distance and the area offers many local attractions for those wishing to explore. Guests will enjoy the light and airy rooms, lovely décor and cosy wood burning stove.
The farm sits within 40 acres; made up of fields, woodland, lakes and ponds; all of which we welcome you to explore. Vobster Quay is adjacent to the farm. The Vobster Inn is within walking distance of the property, other great family gastro style pubs include The Talbot at Mells, The Grange at Whatley and the Archangel in Frome town centre, all of which have lovely outside dining areas.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one family bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Patio area.
- Onsite parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Upper Vobster Farm provides unique boutique accommodation with a special focus on providing clear space to allow you to deeply rest. As part of this, we do ask that there is no smoking or alcohol on the farm or around any of the cottages.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Set within 40 acres which you are welcome to explore.
- A gluten, dairy and alcohol free hamper welcomes you on arrival.
- Cooker with gas hob and microwave.
- Fridge with large freezer compartment. Washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate available upon request.
- Television with freeview. Apple TV enabled. iPod/CD/docking station. DVD player.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The stunning village of Mells with a local post office selling local produce and a great family pub.
- Frome, four miles is the closest town and benefits from a vibrant atmosphere, with plenty of quirky, independent shops and cafes. There is a local market every Wednesday and Saturday along with a great arts and music scene with an art gallery in the main town car park.
- The closest railway station is Frome, which is 15 minutes from the property and benefits from a direct link to London Paddington, through Bath Spa taking approximately 90 minutes.
- The heritage city of Bath is 12 miles north of the property and can be easily reached using the park and ride facility. There is plenty to do in Bath with an array of shopping outlets, boutiques, cafes and restaurants as well as famous sites such asThe Roman Baths, Pump Rooms, Thermae Spa and the Royal Crescent.
- A great base to visit Glastonbury Abbey, the cathedral city of Wells and Stourhead Gardens.
- The popular Longleat Safari Park is approximately six miles from the property and is a great family day out.