Enshrouded in elegance and boasting a setting like no other, Sykes Cottages is proud to present Silverholme, a stunning Georgian manor house located on the beautiful Graythwaite Estate in the Lake District National Park.
A truly unique and luxurious experience awaits guests to this magical property that stands guard over England’s largest lake, Windermere.
The private driveway transports you to another world where first-class service and opulence is the order of the day.
Beautifully juxtaposed with contemporary and traditional designs, Silverholme provides everything you need for that special celebration, reunion or family getaway.
There’s a space for everyone; the spectacular kitchen, complete with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the lake, is superbly equipped for all your culinary needs.
The drawing room offers a sumptuous retreat where one can truly relax in front of the roaring open fire.
Plan the day’s activities in the library which is well stocked with maps and walking guides.
Alternatively, the quality cinema room, complete with surround sound will keep all ages occupied.
The eight bedrooms in the main house, along with the additional room in the separate Coachman’s Cottage, all provide serene comfort.
Sink in to crisp sheets in these distinctive and characteristic rooms, where a great night’s sleep is guaranteed.
Silverholme’s outdoor areas make the most of the wonderful views over Lake Windermere.
There are walks to be taken from the doorstep and through the 5,000 acres that make up the Graythwaite Estate.
Staff are available to cater for your every need from hot tub hire to butlers and chefs.
Mountain bike hire, clay pigeon shooting and even helicopter rides can also be organised all of which will enhance your experience.
Finally, a visit to this location wouldn’t be complete without exploring the spectacular Lake District itself.
Hundreds of square miles of glorious countryside, soaring peaks and sweeping valleys home to numerous quaint towns and pretty villages that simply cannot be missed.
Book Silverholme today and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Over three levels. Main house. Nine bedrooms: 1 x ground level king-size double with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x ground level twin with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x first level super-king size double with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x first level twin with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, separate shower, basin and WC, 1 x first level twin with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC (en-suite is up 5 steps from the bedroom), 2 x second level king-size double with en-suite bath, hand-held shower, basin and WC, 1 x second level twin with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC. Two ground level basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast table (seats 12). Utility. Dining room. Drawing room (seats 9) with woodburning stove. Library (seats 6). Cinema room (seats 5). Coachman’s Cottage. One double bedroom with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with kitchen, dining area and sitting area.
- Main House: Eco-friendly biomass central heating with woodburning stove
- Electric quad oven with electric and gas hobs, microwave, 2 x fridge/freezer, additional fridge and freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, 2 x dishwasher, glass washer, 3 x TVs with Freeview (inc. 50” TV in cinema room), DVD, CD/radio, WiFi, surround sound in cinema room, kitchen and patio
- Coachman’s Cottage: Eco-friendly biomass central heating
- Electric oven and hob, fridge, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, WiFi
- Fuel, power and fuel for woodburning stove inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Front lawned garden with patio, furniture and BBQ
- Shared use of estate grounds and facilities 20 mins walk, inc. indoor heated swimming pool, table tennis room, children’s play area, fitness suite and 2.5-acre trout fishing lake
- Two well-behaved pets welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop 5.3 miles, pub 2 miles
- Note: There are five steps between the first and second levels
- Note: Water from private supply, fed from freshwater lake
- Note: Pool open 8.45am – 7.30pm daily with shower, 2 x WC and limited changing facilities
- Note: Licence required for fishing, equipment can be hired locally, fishing FOC unless catch is made, then small fee applicable
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £500.