On the edge of the quiet village of Llanelltyd, just two miles from the idyllic little market town of Dolgellau, and sheltered in fifteen acres of spectacular landscaped grounds, you will find Tan Llan.
This striking, Grade II listed country house and its neighbouring cottage are set into a gently sloping hillside and have been sympathetically renovated to offer luxurious, spacious accommodation, ideal for a very special family holiday in the spectacular Snowdonia National Park.
Set over three floors, the Main House offers an effortless blend of bright, contemporary accommodation, lavish furnishings and original 18th century features including large sash windows and shutters, cast iron radiators and a bespoke slate fireplace.
There are eight bedrooms in total, six in the Main House, three with luxury en-suite facilities, and two in the adjacent Coach House, both en-suite.
The exceptional first floor master bedroom is set in a separate wing, accessed by a private corridor, and has a magnificent en-suite bathroom with attractive views across the grounds, which can be enjoyed during a relaxing soak in the large freestanding bath.
Superbly equipped, the kitchen has a large island breakfast bar and a grand dining table, perfect for celebratory meals, whilst the sitting room has a glorious open fire, which guests can gather beside at the close of the day.
The beautiful, light garden room opens out to the vast surrounding grounds, which are sheltered by tall, established trees and dotted with fourteen types of daffodil, with a charming winterbourne stream and the River Mawddach ambling by.
A spacious, slate patio area, swathed in sunlight for most of the day, offers an ideal spot to relax with a glass of wine whilst watching the resident rabbits and squirrels scamper through the woodland.
Nestled beside the Main House is the Coach House.
This charming character cottage, with exposed walls and beams, offers superb, supplementary accommodation, ideal for members of your party seeking a peaceful hideaway.
Originally a stable and later transformed into a coaching house, guests will find wonderfully renovated accommodation with two beautiful bedrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, a cosy snug with TV and a spacious sitting room with dining area.
A renowned restaurant, just over half a mile away, offers local fare and wonderful views, whilst Dolgellau is just two miles away, with its delightful selection of cafes, bars and independent shops.
Set in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park, amongst towering mountains and glorious valleys, this is a wonderful location for walkers, mountain bikers and outdoor enthusiasts, whilst the extensive sandy beaches of North Wales are a delight, with the popular seaside town of Barmouth easily reached.
Tan Llan is an exceptional holiday hideaway offering a stunning sanctuary and luxury base from which to discover the delights of North Wales.
Main House. Over three floors. Six bedrooms: 1 x super king-size double with TV and en-suite freestanding bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite bath, shower over, basin and WC, 1 x king-size double with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC, 2 x second floor king-size double, 1 x second floor twin. Second floor bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, basin and WC. Two ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar (seats 4) and dining area (seats 16). Utility. Sitting room (seats 13) with open fire. Garden room (seats 7). Reading area in lobby (seats 2). Coach House. Two eaves bedrooms with en-suite walk-in shower, basin and WC: 1 x super king-size double, 1 x king-size double. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen with breakfast bar (seats 3). Utility. Sitting room (seats 6) with dining area (seats 6) and woodburning stove. Snug (seats 4). External games room with table tennis.
- Main House
- Oil central heating with open fire
- Rangemaster range cooker with electric oven and 5-ring induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer with ice-maker, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwashers, TVs with Freeview, Blu-ray DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Coach House
- Oil central heating with underfloor heating on ground floor and woodburning stove
- Electric oven and induction hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, CD/radio, iPod dock, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel, power and fuel for fires inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair
- Ample off road parking
- Lawned gardens with patios and furniture
- Access to 15 acres of grounds with woodland, wild pasture and river frontage
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pubs 2 miles
- Note: Low beams and head height on second floor of Main House and first floor bedrooms and bathroom in Coach House, care to be taken
- Note: The grounds include woodland, brambles, unfenced ponds, streams and river access, children to be supervised at all times
- Note: No stag/hen parties or similar.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £350.