- An idyllic cottage nestling in a secluded and picturesque woodland location
- This delightful 19th century stone cottage offers superb views of the Derwent Valley
- Ideally situated for bird watching or for fishing and sailing on Derwent Reservoir
- Perfect for exploring Hexham, Hadrian’s Wall and the heart of the Northumberland countryside
- An ideal holiday base for nature-lovers, birdwatchers, keen walkers, cyclists and sightseers
- Visit the National Railway Museum, Killhope Mining Museum and the open-air Beamish Museum
With stunning views of the Derwent Valley, this fantastic 19th century stone cottage is an idyllic rural retreat, surrounded by 900 acres of private woodland, forest paths and beautiful countryside.
Set in half an acre of enclosed land there are plenty of fantastic local walks, forest paths and beautiful countryside to be enjoyed. Nearby is the stunning Derwent Reservoir, a popular spot for fishing and sailing. The area is ideal for birdwatchers with frequent sightings of red kites and lapwings. You will also have some fantastic opportunities to stargaze in Europe’s largest Dark Sky Park. The picturesque village of Blanchland, which is within the North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, is only 2 miles away, and the charming hamlet of Hunstanworth is also nearby. You can also visit the delightful market towns of Hexham and Corbridge, the historic Hadrian’s Wall, the Killhope Mining Museum or the open-air Beamish Museum.
On entering this beautifully secluded holiday cottage, formerly the home of comedy star Rowan Atkinson, you will find yourself in the cosy and welcoming lounge. Tastefully furnished, with plenty of comfortable seating, a traditional wood burner, TV, DVD, CD/radio and a piano, this is a wonderful space to relax in after a fantastic day out. Exploring this lovely property further, you will find the delightful orangerie, with feature stone walls and a charming dining area. Going into the traditional and stylishly designed kitchen, you will find it fully equipped with an electric range oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and toaster, as well as a breakfast table with seating for six. There is also a ground-floor WC and an entrance area with a washing machine and WC. Heading upstairs you will find three cosy bedrooms. There’s a double room with an en-suite shower room with WC, a master bedroom with a double bed, and a twin room with an optional Z-bed. You will also find a bathroom complete with a shower over the bath and a WC.
From the orangerie, glass doors lead out into the charming gated patio area where you can sit back, enjoy the views and dine alfresco. A private road leads to a designated parking area. You will also have guest access to the surrounding 900 acres of private woodland, forest paths and beautiful countryside.
Dogs fees are charged per dog at £20.00 for up to 7 nights, £40.00 for up to 14 nights and an additional £20.00 for every week or part week thereafter.
- 3 bedrooms 2 doubles, and 1 twin (with additional Z-bed)
- 4 bathrooms 1 with shower over bath and WC, 1 en-suite shower room with WC, 2 WCs
- Electric range oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and toaster
- Wood burner
- TV/DVD included
- Orangerie with dining table and seating
- Entrance area with washing machine
- Gated patio area, with outdoor furniture
- Off-road parking for 1 car
- Wi-Fi available
- Land-line phone available
- 1 dog welcome
- 2 miles from the village of Blanchland, 11 miles from Hexham