The Knoll Tower details
This stunning Victorian Hunting Lodge was built in the late 1800’s by the 3rd Earl of Bradford and enjoys views out to the Capability Brown Parkland and the rolling Shropshire hills. Sleeping two, the Tower is a luxury self-catering bolt hole affording privacy for a relaxing break away.
Set over three floors, leading up to the top floor sitting room with panoramic views over Capability Brown’s historic parkland, the Tower combines all the home comforts that you would expect but in a unique historic hideaway.
The Weston Park estate on the Shropshire/Staffordshire border is home to five unique historic holiday properties, each with their own story. Temple of Diana (6 guests); The Knoll Tower (2 guests); The Gardener’s Bothy (2 guests); The Potting Shed (2 guests); and the main house, Weston Park (up to 54 guests in 28 rooms).
The Weston Park Foundation, the independent charitable trust who own and maintain the estate has given each property a new lease of life balancing comfort and modernity whilst remaining sympathetic to their extraordinary heritage thus providing a rare opportunity to stay in the heart of this historical estate.
Set on the far side of the Estate, The Knoll Tower benefits from the 1,000 acres of Capability Brown Parkland that Weston Park has to offer, being a stately home, events venue, visitor attraction and luxury get away all rolled into one. At certain times of the year you will need to share the estate with a wide variety of events that take place in and around the Parkland. There are also times of the year where no events take place on the Estate so please click here to take a look at the calendar – you may even be planning to come along to one!
The team in our 1767 Granary Grill & Deli will prepare your welcome hamper which will include milk, butter, eggs, cheese, biscuits, freshly baked bread and a bottle of wine – all of which are sourced from the food heroes who we work with both locally and further afield.
If you don’t feel like cooking, the Granary Grill is approximately a 20-minute walk or a short drive from the property. Based around an open plan kitchen and grill, our seasonally inspired menus are created by Head Chef Guy Day and his brigade. The Grill serves lunch daily and dinner from Wednesday through to Saturday. Over in the Granary Deli you will find fresh bread, quality cheeses, cured meats, homemade cakes and savoury pastries, oils, vinegars, jams and chutneys plus some very special ingredients that you won’t find in the supermarkets.
The Shropshire/Staffordshire area has plenty on offer to explore with the World Heritage Site of Ironbridge Gorge and its famous museums, foodie destination Ludlow and historic Chester all within easy reach.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom and one bathroom.
- A roof terrace with love seat and stunning 360 degree views, makes this property ideal for a romantic retreat.
- Onsite parking.
- Wood burning stove.
- Sorry, no children, babies or pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Panoramic views from top floor sitting room.
- Unique and historic accommodation.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine and dryer.
- Two TVs both with freeview.
- Sonos music system throughout the property.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- The delicious Granary Grill, Deli and Cafe are located within Weston Park serving a variety of meals for breakfast, lunch, tea or dinner. Otherwise, locally sourced produce can be purchased from the well-stocked Deli.
- The Fox in Chetwyn Aston serves excellent food however booking is advisable.
- There is an abundance of walks within the Park where you often spot an array of wildlife. Slightly further afield and you can walk up The Wrekin – a well-known landmark in the area, or Cannock Chase, a huge area of parkland.
- Weston Park’s Woodland Adventure Playground is the perfect day out for the children with slides, zip wires and a cargo net.
- The Miniature Railway, a mile long journey through the glorious grounds of the Park.
- Play a round at Shropshire Golf Club.
- Fish with RH Fisheries Limited, one of their fisheries is located within Weston Park.
- The Granary Art Gallery is situated on the estate. Selling exhibitions by acclaimed artists from the UK and beyond, along with items on loan to the gallery from private collections.
- Other activities that Weston Park may be able to arrange for you are: Archery, clay pigeon shooting, falconry displays, 4×4 off roading, quad and trail bikes, duck herding, ferret racing, hot air ballooning, horse drawn carriage rides and treasure hunts.
- This spectacular estate is set to host a year long programme of diverse events to celebrate the 300th anniversary of the birth of England’s most admired landscaper, Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown(1716 – 1783) along with many other events throughout the year. Please click here for a full listing of future events.