The Langley Tarne details
Set within the picturesque Cornish fishing village of Mousehole is The Langley Tarne, a charming bolt-hole retreat for two. This characterful cottage is full of original features from its earlier days as a sail loft, lovingly retained including stripped wooden floorboards, sash windows and window seats. These, along with the cosy open fire place, oversized armchairs and sofas and the claw foot roll-top bath for two, make the cottage perfect for a romantic escape.
Mousehole lies 3 miles west of Penzance on the southern coast of West Cornwall. This quintessential seaside village with its narrow streets and quaint stone cottages, is a popular travel destination. Along the harbour front are a wonderful selection of galleries, gift shops and restaurants, while at low tide there is a safe, sandy beach within the harbour walls. Further nearby beaches include Porthcurno, Penzance Promenade beach and Lamorna Cove. And if a four legged friend is on holiday too, try Salt Ponds beach or Roskilly beach which are dog friendly all year round. Walk up the hill from Mousehole and discover 300 miles of beautiful coastline walks. In every season there is something magical to experience from the spring time woods and hedgerows full of wild flowers and bluebells, to the dramatic winter waves when they crash against the gigantic granite rocks rising out of the Cornish sea.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One double bedroom and bathroom (floor plan on Layout tab).
- Small babies under 12 months welcome in own travel cot.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Open fire place.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Original stripped floorboards and Cornish box sash windows.
- Handmade wooden galley kitchen with granite worktops.
- Claw foot roll-top bath for two.
- Walk in high pressure shower.
- Electric oven and separate hob.
- Fridge with small freezer compartment, dishwasher.
- Bose iPod docking station.
- Television with Freeview and DVD player.
- Roberts digital radio.
- Selection of books, games and DVDs.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Stock up on delicious Cornish produce at Mousehole’s Hole Food deli and café. Or, if you don’t fancy cooking, book a table to dine at 2 Fore Street. Just steps away from The Langley Tarne, this restaurant comes highly recommended.
- Mousehole’s Christmas lights are a huge attraction and bring many visitors to the village. There are lots of festive things to enjoy followed by mugs of hot mulled wine and mince pies in The Old Coastguard.
- The Sea Salts and Sail Festival 13th -15th July. A photographer’s dream, this nostalgic event is enormous fun.
- The Mousehole carnival 12-14th August (12th being a lifeboat day with helicopters and lifeboats).
- Halloween in Mousehole is not to be missed with many houses decorated and local restaurants joining in. Equally when staying during Bonfire Night or New Year’s Eve you’ll be treated to impressive fireworks over the harbour.
- Newlyn is a lovely two mile walk from Mousehole along the promenade. The Newlyn Art Gallery is home to many wonderful artworks from the Newlyn school of artists.
- Breathe in the sea air along Penzance promenade and if you’re feeling brave, take a dip at Jubilee Pool, the celebrated Art Deco seawater lido.
- Beautiful gardens to visit in West Cornwall include Trengwainton Garden, Morrab Gardens and the Victorian terraces onSt Michael’s Mount.