The Limes details
The Limes is a beautiful, spacious property in the charming village of Coxwold which sits between the North York Moors National Park and The Howardian Hills, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. With four bedrooms, including one ground floor double with en-suite, the house is a perfect size for family holidays. The ground floor also features a large open plan kitchen/dining room and a comfortable sitting room with cosy wood burning stove. On the second floor of the property is a family room with L shaped sofa, smart TV and Blu-ray which provides families with a much sought after second space to relax in. The Limes occupies a good sized plot with well-established gardens to the front and rear and a pretty stream running through. French doors from the sitting room open on to a paved patio with outdoor seating and a large lawn.
Coxwold is conveniently located just 20 minutes’ drive from Junction 49 of the A1. Within this pretty North Yorkshire village is a medieval church, village hall, outdoor tennis courts, tearoom and country inn. Many wonderful destinations can be reached from Coxwold including the traditional market towns of Thirsk, Helmsley and Easingwold. The famous city of York with its historic Minster, is only 20 miles away, perfectly located for a day trip. On the doorstep are two stunning natural treasures; the North York Moors National Park and the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Whether on foot, bicycle, horseback or even steam train, the breath-taking Yorkshire landscape is just waiting to be explored.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests
- Three double bedrooms (one on ground floor) and one twin bedroom.
- Family bathroom and two en-suite bathrooms.
- Comfortable main sitting room and additional family room with 55” television.
- Large enclosed rear garden with patio.
- Front garden with open stream running through.
- Parking for up to four cars.
- Wood burning stove.
- Walking distance to village tearoom (2 minutes) and village pub (5 minutes).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Free standing gas range, multifunction microwave, fridge with small freezer compartment.
- Dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Highchair, travel cot and stairgate available upon request.
- Two smart televisions with Freeview and Blu-ray players.
- DAB digital radio, radio alarm clock in master bedroom, Samsung Wireless Audio 360 Speakers with Bluetooth.
- Garden table and chairs seating 8 guests.
- Coal barbecue set.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Within Coxwold is St. Michael’s Church dating from 700AD, Coxwold Tennis Club, Coxwold Tearooms and The Fauconberg Arms.
- There are some lovely market towns and villages in the area; Thirsk, Helmsley, Pickering, Kirkbymoorside and Easingwold are all a short drive away.
- 1½ miles from Coxwold are the ruins of Byland Abbey, which was once one of England’s greatest monasteries. Next to the historic site is a lovely tearoom serving light lunches and afternoon teas.
- The North York Moors are renowned for the numerous walking trails, cycle routes and bridleways through beautiful landscapes.
- Visit the most northerly of England’s famous White Horses. Cut into the Yorkshire landscape, the Kilburn White Horse is a local attraction and offers breath-taking walks and cycle routes.
- A fun option for families with young children is Monk Park Farm & Visitor Centre with a farm animal petting zoo, adventure playground and tea room.
- Relax at the Verbena Spa at the Feversham Arms Hotel, only a quick 15 minute drive away in nearby Helmsley.
- Visit Castle Howard, an 18th Century stately home, set in 1,000 acres of beautiful countryside, or Duncombe Park where you can explore the Landscape Garden and parkland, as well as visit the International Centre for Birds of Prey.