The Old Rectory details
The Old Rectory in Norfolk is a luxury self catering holiday home which stands in its own parkland next to the church surrounded by open countryside, a mile from North Tuddenham. The original rectory dated from the 16th century and the poet William Cowper stayed here when he first came to Norfolk. It was replaced in 1852 by Rev Barry, younger brother of the architect of the Houses of Parliament, who designed it himself. The holiday home has been refurbished to provide a luxury self catering venue for family gatherings. It is easily accessed from the A47, half a mile away.
The Old Rectory is set in idyllic surroundings with grounds covering 12.5 acres. There are large areas of lawn interspersed with mature shrubs and trees. The grounds also include a west facing terrace, ideal for summer barbecues, a pond (this has been fenced making it childproof), and a children’s football area with two goals. The Old Rectory is an ideal outdoor holiday break with its own wood: a pathway marked by an avenue of yew trees which leads to clearings planted with bluebells, foxgloves and primroses and ideal picnic spots.
For a larger gathering, The Old Rectory and The Coach House sleeps twenty guests.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps fourteen guests.
- Seven bedrooms, one en-suite shower room, one family bathroom, one shower room and en-suite bathroom.
- Open fires in sitting room and dining room.
- Lovely, lawned garden.
- Ample onsite parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Please note the seventh bedroom is accessed via a separate steep staircase from the utility room.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Double range cooker, microwave, two fridges/freezers, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV, video, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture and gas barbecue.
- Games room with table tennis.
- Use of an all weather tennis court in the grounds.
- Clay pigeon shooting, game shooting and fishing are available by prior arrangement. Please call Mrs Jenne on 07803-891984.
- Catering can be arranged through ‘Toast’ on 07900 925907 / 01508 491895.
- My Personal Sanctuary is a luxurious and truly indulgent beauty therapy service delivering 5 star quality organic treatments carried out in the comfort of your cottage.
- Sorry, no hen or stag parties.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- There is a pub in the village of North Tuddenham.
- There are riding stables nearby.
- Situated in the upspoilt rural centre of Norfolk, it is ideally located for exploring the coast (35 minutes’ drive), the Broads (30 minutes) and the historic city of Norwich (20 minutes).