- This beautiful stone-built conversion makes a fantastic holiday home in the heart of Northumberland
- Perfect for exploring the beautiful Derwent Valley and the popular Derwent Reservoir
- Just a short drive from the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne
- Centrally located for enjoying all that the North East has to offer
- Ideal for keen walkers, cyclists, sightseers and families
- Visit Beamish, the Gibside Estate, Alnwick Garden and Hadrian’s Wall
- Want to do something a little different? Taught in the woods adventure and survival day or night courses can be arranged when staying here.
Superbly converted from a former farm piggery, this stylish and attractive cottage is a perfect holiday base for exploring the stunning Derwent Valley and the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne.
Located close to the Derwent Valley walk and the popular 18th century Gibside Estate, this fantastic cottage is ideally situated for exploring the heart of the stunning Northumberland countryside. The popular open air Beamish museum, telling the story of life in the North East from the 1820s to the 1940s is nearby, and the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne is just a 20 minute drive away. You can take a boat cruise along the Tyne to the North Sea, or head a little further afield and discover the beautiful Northumberland coast. You can also visit Alnwick Castle, the Alnwick Garden, Tanfield Railway and Hadrian’s Wall, or explore Durham and Gateshead or the delightful coastal villages including Bamburgh and Craster.
On entering this stunning and attractively converted single-level property, originally a farm piggery and set in its own tranquil surroundings, you will find yourself in the light and inviting open-plan lounge/kitchen/diner. Tastefully furnished, with plenty of comfy seating, TV, DVD and a choice of games and books, the delightful and welcoming lounge is an ideal space for relaxing in and for admiring the glorious countryside views. There’s also a pretty dining area. Moving over to the elegantly designed kitchen you will find it fully equipped with an electric oven and hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and cafetiere. The washing machine and tumble dryer are housed in the nearby utility/boot room, along with a range of books and games. Exploring this fantastic property further you will find three cosy bedrooms. There’s a master bedroom with a king-size bed and TV with an en-suite shower room complete with a large walk-in shower and WC. There are also two twin rooms, one with a TV. You will also find a bathroom complete with a bath, a large walk-in shower, WC and with cosy underfloor heating.
Stepping outside, you can relax or dine alfresco in the enclosed, decked patio area with a table and chairs which is accessible from the French doors in the lounge and which offers a great view of a ruined 14th century chapel which is steeped in local folklore. There’s also a paved side patio with garden furniture to the side of the cottage. There is ample private parking available for up to two cars next to the cottage.
Please note there is a refundable £100 security deposit for this property payable closer to the start of your holiday.
- 3 bedrooms – 1 king-size double with TV and 2 twins (1 with TV)
- 1 bathroom with bath, shower, WC and underfloor heating 1 en-suite shower room with shower and WC
- Electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster and cafetiere
- Lounge with TV, DVD, games and books
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in utility room
- Enclosed, decked patio area with furniture, and paved side patio with furniture
- Private parking for up to 2 cars next to the cottage
- Located close to Derwent Valley and the Gibside Estate
- 20 minute drive from Newcastle upon Tyne
- Wi-Fi included
- Two night short breaks are available all year round
- Changeover days are flexible
- 25% off discount vouchers for Beamish as part of your welcome pack
- Survival and adventure courses can be arranged, subject to availability and at an additional cost.
- This cottage can be booked alongside other similar cottages