The White Tower of Taymouth Castle holiday home details
The White Tower is a place of exceptional beauty and peace; a perfect hideaway for up to four guests. This historic tower is surrounded on all sides by breath-taking scenery and comes with every modern creature comfort needed for a relaxing and romantic holiday. Set over three floors, the Tower features a cosy kitchen with dining area, sitting room with local tweed furnishings, library and two en-suite double bedrooms. Setting this accommodation apart from the rest is your very own sauna and a magical rooftop terrace and spa. From the turreted roof of The White Tower, enjoy a glass of Champagne while relaxing in the open hot tub with starlit views of Loch Tay, Taymouth Castle and the mountains beyond.
There are eight acres of private woodland surrounding The White Tower, making it perfect to escape the hustle and bustle of the modern world. Only 10 minutes‘ drive from The White Tower is Loch Tay and the beautiful Perthshire village of Kenmore, where a wide range of water sports can be found such as sailing, canoeing, water-skiing and jet-biking. If seeking a more leisurely pursuit, try fishing or a round of golf at the Aberfeldy Golf Club, while the Scottish Crannog Centre is a fascinating reconstruction of an ancient loch dwelling which is well worth visiting.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two en-suite double bedrooms.
- Romantic location with breath-taking views over Loch Tay.
- Rooftop terrace hot tub and views to the Loch.
- Second terrace with outdoor dining area.
- Sorry, no children or pets.
- Minimum three night stay.
- Wood burning stove.
- Electric oven with induction hob.
- Flat screen digital television and DVD player.
- Television in second bedroom.
- Garden furniture, barbecue and Midge Magnet.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- There are number of villages around Loch Tay including Kenmore, Aberfeldy and Killin.
- The Taymouth Marina Restaurant has breathtaking loch views from every table and serves delicious Scottish produce daily. The Courtyard Shop in Kenmore has a lovely deli and gift shop.
- The Marina provides a range of watersport activities to enjoy including canoing, kayaking, pedalos and even a water trampoline.
- Walkers will love the gentle trails around Drummond Hill, part of the Tay Forest Park. There are some amazing views of Loch Tay that have to be seen to be believed.
- Visit The Scottish Crannog Centre, an award-winning and interactive centre, with an authentic reconstruction of an early Iron Age loch-dwelling.
- Aberfeldy Golf Club has a scenic parkland course to try in the heart of Highland Perthshire.