Bethesda 1 mile.
This delightful, detached holiday cottage sits in open countryside above the village of Gerlan near Bethesda in the scenic county of Gwynedd, North Wales.
With glorious, sweeping valley views, and its location on the edge of Snowdonia, this quaint stone Gerlan cottage offers wonderful accommodation for a small family or a couple looking to get away from it all and explore this superb area.
This Bethesda cottage has been fully renovated and is styled with local Welsh slate that harks back to the village’s traditional livelihood, and offers charming accommodation with other period features including reclaimed floorboards and original doors.
The welcoming sitting room in this Bethesda cottage boasts a double height ceiling and a warming woodburner set in an inglenook slate and stone hearth, which provides cosy refuge on cooler nights.
The kitchen and dining area, with its exposed stone walls, comes thoughtfully equipped, and has a glass door opening out to the decking, where wonderful views can be relished.
Outside this Bethesda cottage, the mature walled country garden with furniture offers a quiet spot to settle with a refreshing drink and enjoy a relaxing afternoon watching the wildlife.
Doorstep footpaths lead to unspoilt walking trails on Snowdonia’s Carneddau mountain range, and enthusiastic cyclists will find many miles of steep, twisting country roads to challenge.
Whatever you choose, this superb Gerlan cottage is perfect for a peaceful holiday or an active adventure.
Two bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double, 1 x eaves twin. Ground floor bathroom with bath, shower over, basin and WC. Kitchen with dining area. Sitting room with woodburner.
- LPG central heating with woodburner
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with FreeSat, DVD, Fuel, power and starter pack for woodburner inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot and highchair on request
- Private off road parking for 1 car in lay-by
- Enclosed garden with raised decking, furniture and BBQ
- One well-behaved dog welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop and pub 1 mile
- Note: Steep staircase and steep garden, may be unsuitable for less able and very young guests
- Note: Although the garden is enclosed, sheep are able to jump over the wall and into the garden, so dogs must be supervised when outside
- Note: Restricted head height in the eaves twin and in some doorways.
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £70