In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Valonia Cottage at Cromer Lighthouse The original Cromer Lighthouse was built in 1680 but the present lighthouse, a white octagonal tower, was built in 1833 and converted to automatic operation in 1990.
Valonia Cottage is one of two semi-detached cottages at the lighthouse, which is a mile from the traditional North Norfolk town of Cromer. A 10 minute stroll along the coastal path or along the beach will take you into Cromer, where you can explore shops, pubs and sample local seafood – notably, the excellent Cromer crab sandwich. Cromer is a popular holiday destination for families, and has a long sandy beach with colourful beach huts. The pier has a theatre and cafe, and is home to the Cromer RNLI life boat – the station is open to the public. You can hire dipping nets and buckets on the pier – try to catch your own Cromer crab! There is an excellent sea-front cafe/restaurant at the lifeboat museum.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Three bedrooms, one bathroom and one seperate WC.
- A walled garden with views of the sea.
- Garage parking for one car and off-road parking
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Spectacular, panoramic views.
- Gas effect wood burning stove, gas hob and electric oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV, DVD and CD player.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Also on this site is The Link, sleeping two guests.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Taking the coastal path in the other direction is a short walk into Overstrand where you can then eat in the White Horse restaurant/bar.
- The property is adjacent to the Royal Cromer 18-hole golf course where non-members with a handicap are welcome.
- There are an abundance of beautiful homes and gardens including Holkham Hall, Castle Rising Castle or Mannington Gardens.
- Numerous lake activities can be arranged through Norfolk Adventure including boat tours, rowing, canoeing, kayaking and water zorbing. If not, organise some Cycle Hire.
- Cromer Pier is home to the Pavillion Theatre where shows are available throughout the year.