This well-presented cottage is situated in the pretty village of Castle Hedingham in North Essex.
Stylishly appointed, this whitewashed cottage is accessed via a farm gate to the side of the owners’ house which leads up to the small patio garden enclosed by willow hurdles which is just the place to enjoy a glass or two as the sun goes down.
Inside this Castle Hedingham cottage, the open plan sitting room has comfortable seating where you are able to relax and unwind, whilst the fitted kitchen offers views over the courtyard garden through a large picture window.
The bedroom has soft carpeting, subtle decor and a super king-size bed along with an en-suite shower room.
Wander along the winding streets of this medieval village, enjoy a cream tea at the local tea shop or play tennis at the courts located next door to the cottage, before having lunch at one of the local pubs or the restaurant.
Just up the hill is the famous Hedingham Castle after which the village was named.
The castle is the alleged birthplace of the 17th Earl of Oxford, subject of the film ‘Anonymous’ and is well worth a visit.
Nearby Sudbury offers a weekly market and a riverside setting.
If you feel like some retail therapy, the Freeport outlet centre is only a short distance away, where you can shop for bargains or take in a film at the cinema.
A visit to Cambridge, Lavenham or even London, including the Olympic venue at Stratford, are all easily enjoyed from this cottage in Castle Hedingham.
This Castle Hedingham cottage is the perfect place to return to after a day exploring this part of North Essex.
One super king-size double bedroom (zip/link, can be twin on request) with en-suite shower, basin and WC. Open plan living area with fitted kitchen, dining area and sitting area with double sofa bed.
- Gas central heating
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, TV with FreeSat, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Cot on request
- Roadside parking available
- Small enclosed patio garden with furniture and BBQ divided from owner’s garden by willow hurdles
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Shop and pub 2 mins walk
- Note: This property is suitable for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children
- Note: One low ceiling beam
- Note: Owner speaks French.