Whitchester Lodge is a stunning, Grade B listed Victorian former gate lodge to Ellemford Estate, built in 1897 and set in a beautiful garden with open views of the surrounding Lammermuir Hills.
As you glide through the fabulous original gates and behold Winchester Lodge you will swiftly realise, that this is not your average holiday cottage.
The building itself is simply stunning and has been lovingly renovated; this is the ideal base for families and friends wanting a break together in a delightful location.
Whitchester Gamekeeper Lodge has three charming bedrooms, one with a woodburning stove for extra romance, all tastefully furnished with luxury furniture and beautiful window dressings.
The whole cottage boasts calming Farrow and Ball colours, original wooden flooring and mullioned sash windows.
The elegant sitting room has a warming woodburning stove and sumptuous sofas that invite you to curl up and chill out.
The polished modern kitchen has sleek granite worktops, slate flooring and a range of units to suit the most discerning chef.
From here you access the light and airy sun room which is the perfect place for the party to gather for a hearty breakfast or a glorious Sunday roast.
Outside a large garden gives plenty of room for children and pets to play or why not just relax and soak up the tranquil country atmosphere of the beautiful Scottish Borders?
Situated amongst the Lammermuir Hills the location of this Duns cottage is excellent for walking, riding or cycling, with countless footpaths and bridleways from the doorstep.
With Edinburgh and the Heritage Coastline an easy drive away, this Duns cottage is in the perfect location for a relaxing Borders break.
Note: This property can be booked with Ref 946703, together they sleep 7.
Three bedrooms: 1 x ground floor double with woodburning stove, 1 x double, 1 x single. Shower room with walk-in shower, basin and WC. Ground floor basin and WC. Kitchen. Walk-in pantry. Utility. Sitting room with woodburning stove. Sun room with dining area (seats 6).
- Oil fired central heating with woodburning stoves
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, Smart TV with Freeview, WiFi, landline phone (for emergency use only), selection of books
- Fuel and power inc. in rent
- Bed linen and towels inc. in rent
- Highchair and baby bath on request
- Off road parking for 2 cars
- Enclosed lawned garden to rear with furniture
- Two well-behaved dogs welcome
- Sorry, no smoking
- Shop, pub and restaurant 6 miles
- Note: There is a stream in the adjacent paddock, children and pets to be supervised
- Note: Children over 6 years only
- Note: Check-in 4pm
- Note: No mobile signal at this property
Note: This property has a refundable Good Housekeeping bond of £125.