Llancayo Windmill details
Llancayo Windmill is a recently renovated luxury self-catering holiday retreat situated approximately two miles north of the former market town of Usk in Monmouthshire. The mill was built in 1813 and destroyed by fire around 1830 and until a few years ago had stood as a ruin.
Usk is conveniently located in the centre of Monmouthshire and the town itself has a castle, a rural life museum, the sessions house, a collection of old houses, a variety of restaurants, shops, public houses, hotels and other amenities associated with a vibrant rural town. Usk is also famous for its fishing and successes in the Wales in Bloom and Britain in Bloom competitions.
This holiday at glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Six bedrooms, four en-suite shower rooms and one family bathroom over three floors.
- Enclosed garden and open balcony on the first floor.
- Onsite parking.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge), kept to the ground floor please.
- Due to the property being five storeys high, guests with mobility difficulties and parents of toddlers and young children should be aware of the many steps and the open balcony.
- Sorry, no stag or hen parties.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Gas underfloor heating.
- Electric effect wood burning stove.
- Five-ring gas range cooker, microwave, American fridge/freezer, two dishwashers, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TVs, DVDs, Freeview to all bedrooms, Satellite with full package (not multi room) available in the sitting room and dining room.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request (please bring your own cot linen). Two stairgates are provided on request, for installation by guests.
- Outdoor furniture and gas barbecue.
- Catering is available by separate arrangement.
- Fly Fishing is available on the nearby River Usk. Purchase a licence from Sweets the Fishing Tackle Shop in Usk tel no: 01291 672552.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- In this area, explore the Brecon Beacons National Park, the Blorenge, Sugar Loaf, and Skirrid Fawr Mountains.
- An ideal location for an outdoor break in Monmouthshire. Within close proximity of activities including cycling, rope climbing, pony trekking, hang gliding, canal boat hire, fishing and walking.
- There are numerous award-winning restaurants nearby.
- The Welsh capital city of Cardiff is approximately 25 miles south of Usk offering attractions such as the Millennium Stadium and the Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay.
- Tintern Abbey situated in the Wye Valley, is approximately 25 minutes drive away, together with many more castles and museums, such as the Big Pit Mining Museum at Blaenavon,
- Nearby golf courses include Alice Springs (approximately a five-minute drive away), Greenmeadow and Celtic Manor.
- For the horse racing enthusiasts, visit Chepstow Racecourse.